Game 13: Maryland at Michigan Open Thread

Juwan blending line ups a bit more. I like it. Think I saw barnes, will, Joey in with Hunter ect.

Way better units.

2 Likes

Are we sure heā€™s not in the league next year? Thatā€™s whatā€™s even scarier about wasting this season from him. Like heā€™s comically young, growing on-ball creator, with legit defensive chops and great combo size. I feel like a lot of smart front offices would fall in love with him late 1st early 2nd. And weā€™re gonna miss the tournament likely with him, a lotto pick, and an all-american

4 Likes

I think thereā€™s a decent chance JLā€™s departure has sped up Kobeā€™s progression a good amount. Dude operates like a 6ā€™6ā€ PG cuz he has to now. Feels like the forced more on-ball role has created a monster and an Uber-confident dude on both ends

8 Likes

Keep in mind that four of our losses were extremely close although obviously one of them shouldnā€™t have happened. This team has talent they just have to get better each game.

4 Likes

We have Juwan pay Jett $5 million to stay, someone else finds money for Hunter (and tells him his podcast is no more), and we get a 4 in the portal so TWill can come off the bench.

Letā€™s ride.

(This of course ends with Jett and Bufkin declaring and being first rounders, and Hunter not wanting to return)

2 Likes

This doesnt make up for yesterday but it does give us some much needed hope

3 Likes

Thatā€™s why theyā€™re not dead imo. Weā€™re on life support but Kobe is an absolute stud. A team with Kobe and Hunter and Jettā€™s offense should be extremely competitive.

Maybe they turn on the jets and dug and some other young guys start showing up?

Not impossible

3 Likes

Iā€™ve seen some second round projections for Kobe the last week or two, but still off the radar for the majority of draft sites. Doesnā€™t mean that wonā€™t change if he keeps playing like this.

1 Like

Loving it. If they put together even a competitive second half , that will be a nice step in the right direction

I still think a lot of the struggles are between the ears. A team that plays up or down to almost every opponent they play likely has the talent to be a successful team but hasnā€™t put it together yet.

1 Like

I mean just take away that stupid a cmu game and Iā€™d feel good about us

1 Like
5 Likes

Dug is the most aesthetically pleasing Michigan athlete ever

7 Likes

Guys, everyone knows Iā€™ve been the biggest Kobe Bufkin supporter on here. Iā€™ve seethed at the negative comments I read last year. Seethed! I havenā€™t wanted to say anything, at least not to this pointā€¦but I will. Iā€™ve remained quiet regarding Kobe, but I just have to say it, THIS is the Kobe Bufkin I believed he would be. Sorry. I donā€™t mean to be ā€œthatā€ guy. :wink:

Now, let me also say, falling on my sword, I thought Jaelin Lewellyn would be our year long PG. I thought Dug would grow and develop this year, maybe play 10, 12, 14 minutes most games, and learn under JL, BUT, as much as I like and appreciate JL and am rooting for his complete recovery, Dug is special! Is he perfect? No. Does he make some freshman mistakes? Heck yes, he IS a freshman, after all. But he is freaking ELECTRIC!

5 Likes

Heā€™s also a complete mad man.

6 Likes

Coming out in the second half not knowing what defense weā€™re in is too perfect

This game is making me feel better about every game, but specifically the Penn State game. If we are as intentional to play through Hunter against their 6ā€™7ā€ ā€œbigsā€, that could go very well.

3 Likes

Xā€™s legacy lives on!

1 Like

Unless they throw out a junk 2-3 zone that scares us off

4 Likes

Solid first half minutes from Barnes.

1 Like