Game 10: Minnesota at Michigan Open Thread

I come here to get away from those hot takes

1 Like

OK, so let me make sure I understand. The Minnesota player grabbed Dickinson, Dickinson pointed out that it was a hook and hold and asked the referee to look at the video, and he just ignored him?

Well that call sucked

Hunter, why, what are you doing

1 Like

Take your time hunter

1 Like

What exactly is dramatic? This is a preseason top 5 team on the wrong-side of the bubble 1/3rd of the way through the season that projects to lose their entire starting five next year. Canā€™t really understate it.

4 Likes

Right when we finally get stops we canā€™t score.

2 Likes

Hunter :hear_no_evil: Got to be better on baby layups

Itā€™s pretty absurd though not to identify this as a team that was wildly misranked. There are some weird preseason rankings. We were ranked wrong.

Shake it off Jones

1 Like

Should be a no-call, IMO.

2 Likes

Nah thatā€™s cope. Maybe they were overrated, but thereā€™s no way the team should be THIS bad considering the talent on it. And if you wanna blame roster composition, thatā€™s squarely on one guy

2 Likes

Obviously way overrated in the preseason.

They were overrated. John Wooden couldnā€™t have this team as anything close to a top 5 team.

1 Like

Missed 3 in a row since cutting it to 6

Coach Howard is the reigning national coach of the year and, IIRC, has won more games in his first two seasons than any coach in Michigan history, and thatā€™s despite COVID schedule interruptions. I think Iā€™d be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

6 Likes

SeCoND WoRsT CoAcHInG JoB iN DiV 1 AfTEr PeNnY

1 Like

I would like to see this board if Izzo had this start with a returning All American, Two 5 stars, a returning 2 year starter, and a plethora of other top 50/100 recruits.

Yikes, Hunter has had a disastrous end game here.

Gotta hand it to Ben Johnson though. His hire was panned, but heā€™s making it work with a team full of spare parts.

6 Likes