Game 10: Minnesota at Michigan Open Thread

Rational me says it’s too early to make definitive statements about the season. But I just don’t see how this is fixable. They will have a few hot shooting games which will give us some unexpected wins but we’ll also have games like this where we are completely outclassed. They don’t have a competent PG and unless Collins drastically improves that’s not changing this year.

Ugh this is all so frustrating. This is a great lesson for Juwan to learn since this is the first time really that things have not gone well under him.

Why not play Bufkin and Jackson over Jones he is flat out horrible can’t defend and can’t shoot Minnesota has zero respect for him. This season is looking to be lost let the young guys play before Bufkin decides to transfer from this terrible team he can’t be any worse how can anybody they don’t even guard him just embarrassing. Howard is great guy and recruiter not good at coaching the game team is way to sloppy and and his lineup decisions are awful.

2 Likes

Can Juwan make 3s? Not sure it’s coaching, but this team is lacking shooting. And a PG. Jones isn’t cutting it, and Frankie doesn’t bring enough to offset no threat of a shot - yet. It’s a weirdly put together team. I know everyone is complaining about lineups (and rightfully so), but wondering if any lineup has been STATISTICALLY good.

1 Like

Right now no. I’m searching for parallels here and we’re getting down to “2011 Michigan” which was a very improbable turnaround (that’s the year they went on a huge winning streak and lose in tourney to Duke I believe)

1 Like

I like T Will, but something is really wrong that he thinks he has carte blanche to make wildly stupid plays. Seems emblematic of some lack of accountability/responsibility.

Jones open by 8 feet and afraid to take a three. Unreal

4 Likes

Ok, it’s bad now.

(Written when Jones passed up a wide open 3 and before Dickinson’s basket)

This one’s not over folks

1 Like

Press into zone is working

3 Likes

His bad shooting and obvious tentativeness (borderline terror) at shooting a 3 is absolutely killing our offensive spacing

I like the zone… This team cant keep anyone in front of them

Shooting 17% on 3s on our home court.

1 Like

The defense is what is frustrating me

Eli is fast af

Guys just get beat so clean on defense for us time and time and time again

Mission number 1 this off season needs to be to get some dudes that score off the bounce, been largely ignored for way to long

2 Likes

Very dramatic!

1 Like

Terrible, momentum-killing call

1 Like

Argh that stupid little referee with the too tight shirts just putting his thumb on the scale.

1 Like