Franz Wagner to return for sophomore season

11 Likes

Expected, but good news!

6 Likes

Great news!

6 Likes

Franz officially back.

8 Likes

I’ve said all along I thought Franz would develop into a stud. Glad to see he will have another year to develop at Michigan.

Hopefully they will be able to have in person sessions at some point this summer to work on their games and their physical skills/ strength.

4 Likes

I love this kid.

11 Likes

Excited to have Wagner back! Anyone know if due to the covid issues and travel and campus being closed down where Franz is physical at? Is he back in Germany with fam…living with Moe wherever that may be state side?

Last that was being reported was that Franz and his mother are in Washington with Moe. The father was back in Germany. That was quite a while ago though.

2 Likes

I feel like if Franz, Eli, and Livers are all back then the teams shooting should at least be pretty good. Its a good base of shooting… but ultimately guys like Johns, Smith, Bajema, Nunez, etc. will determine just how good Michigan can shoot as a whole.

4 Likes

@PAX probably knows :wink:

I’m THRILLED to have Franz back for his sophomore season. I think he is in for a Big All-Conference type season.

12 Likes

We all love this decision.

8 Likes

He is going to dominate. Insane talent.

5 Likes

Ahh, that’s what I needed to hear!

2 Likes

Considering he’s just now 18 years of age he could really develop (if healthy) into a lottery pick before the season is over, in my opinion.

8 Likes

Thank goodness. This keeps the bottom from falling out.

Wonderful! He might even grow and inch or two. Nevertheless, he’s going to be great.

3 Likes

This might be Livers’ (and Eli’s) team in the locker room, but it will be Franz’s team on the court.

I am a little curious as to why he didn’t seek formal feedback through the draft process, even if his intentions were to come back. Maybe through his NBA connections of Juwan and his bro, he had access to all the feedback he needed?

2 Likes

Brendan talked to him and wrote about it. Basically just because all that’s going on he was unlikely to get any info that would make him change his mind from a staying which was a decision he was comfortable with.

8 Likes

I’m glad it worked out for Franz, he liked it here and wants to stay. He took a big risk still coming when we made a coaching change right before he had to make a decision.