Franz Wagner commits to Michigan

Coach b was about to take this thing to another level that’s for sure. Michigan was the only sports team I rooted for that I was confident was winning a title soon and would be yearly contenders from here on out.

Still not giving up hope but boy do I agree big things we’re on the way.

8 Likes
8 Likes

No one picked it up? Hmmm…

9 Likes

“Almost no one …”

3 Likes

Lol. Pretty sure many of us here were privy to that :wink: Love us some Dr. Schulz. Pshh… Journalism these days.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say Coach Beilein left because of players he was recruiting but…I think not having to recruit is a nice NBA perk. Beilein said so himself when talking about preparing for NBA draft. What a waste of time continually showing up to watch kids play, because that is what is expected of you, not because you actually need to see more of their game.

1 Like

I keep trying to dial down how important this is, but I really can’t. I really think he is exactly what this team needs.

I know Dylan has tried to downplay it, but I was really struck by BQ’s game of “get to 72 points” a few podcasts ago. I simply had a hard time doing it previously. If Franz can get to double digits (could be very conservative there) I also think his skills will make life/spacing easier for X and Teske to operate and will increase their efficiency too. Suddenly if we are in shouting distance of 72 points and if the D doesn’t drop off too much (I personally don’t think it will) then we are in business.

1 Like

Adding a shooter like Franz really elevate this team, even better if Bajema gets ahead of the curve. A line-up of X, Teske, Livers, Franz, Bajema would be pretty tough to defend for most college teams.

1 Like

Franz also gives next years roster a ton more flexibility. If Brandon Johns or even Castleton separate themselves as the clear best option for 5th starter, Livers slides to the 3 and I think Franz could survive at the 2. If Brooks or Nunez or DDJ are better options, Franz at the 3 and Livers at the 4.

I can’t understate how much more comfortable I feel going into next season with Wagner onboard. I’m so excited to watch this young man hoop!

6 Likes

Was gonna say! We just didn’t go over and blast it at mgoblog, which I kind of admired everyone for.

5 Likes

Realistically, I gotta think almost every play is going to be a Xavier - Teske pick and roll with Livers and Wagner making plays off a kickout.

1 Like

aka The Cassius Winston 2018-2019 Playbook

Yeah, I was impressed that this tidbit stayed here on this board. Thanks @PAX for giving us a few day heads up here at UMHoops!

4 Likes

This team is suddenly very dangerous again. Huge pick up.

2 Likes

Don’t forget about Bajema. IMO he is the real deal. he will be getting his share of minutes. The kid can really shoot a Kevin Huerter type?

3 Likes

I have to say, after Coach B’s departure I was 100% sure we were going to miss out on one of the best U18 international prospects, which just added to the pain of losing our HC, 3 starters and our number 1 committed player for 2019.

But have to give credit to Howard & Co. to reel in Franz and convince him that he is going to get the same experience at UM that Moe had with a new staff (which I believe he will). I love that this team is getting overlooked in the media, because it still has championship DNA with our upperclassmen, and underclassmen who are ready to compete. Big day for Michigan Hoops.

3 Likes

I would rather have jalen wilson or both but I’m happy.

What is Franz’s dad’s unhooks forum name?[quote=“silverblue, post:46, topic:6414”]
Hmmm…
[/quote]

1 Like

Give me Franz all day. Has a higher ceiling and is further along in his development at this stage. Plus he’s more of a positional fit since he can play the 2. Wilson was going to be a 3.

4 Likes

How many days until tip-off? I’m ready.

1 Like