Franz Wagner commits to Michigan

Can we play the Guess the Height game with this picture?

3 Likes

Without Beilein?

11 Likes

So the hands down most IMPORTANT part of this is that we now get to enjoy the Momma Wagner Big Ten Tourney luck again right?!?

Excited for this young man and for the team!

8 Likes

:wink: I was only going to put up the wink emoji, butā€¦alas the ten character rule! Well played my friend! :grin: I know we are all incredibly happy that Franz is coming to Michigan. I hope the Michigan Difference is real for Franz and I know Franz will be the difference for Michigan! Go Blue!!!

2 Likes

Coach Howard is off to a very good recruiting start. Was able to retain two of three top targets in Bajema and Frantz. Howard is also busy grinding hard on the recruiting trail and fighting hard for elite players.

Also, on paper the coaching staff surrounding him is solid with a mixture of different levels and styles of experience.

In a short time, Coach Howard has done well in keeping the program on very solid ground. His only miss, and I donā€™t totally fault him, was just a matter of circumstances, in not retaining Jalen Wilson.

4 Likes

Wow, X is gonna love having Franz to pass to! Giddyup!

4 Likes

Not sure if its been mentioned by Dylan or anyone else here or on another thread, but something to keep in mind is that Wagner has been playing with the international three point line (I assume) and the NCAA is moving the line back to that distance this upcoming season.

Not sure if it will ease Wagnerā€™s transition or if heā€™ll have a small leg up over everyone else, but it canā€™t hurt.

9 Likes

This is a huge addition for Juwan but manā€¦ Beilein was poised to have Wilson, Bajema and Wagner coming in with Jabri Abdur-Rahim coming in on an official. I would vehemently disagree with anyone who says that he left because of recruiting. He had it going.

He left because he had an opportunity to coach at the highest level in basketball (the first time heā€™s ever been offered that opportunity).

24 Likes

Slower? heā€™s been timed faster than Klay Thompson.

2 Likes

I think he has a quick release, but I donā€™t completely buy the way that the Stepien timed his shot compared to the sport science Klay Thompson thing, FWIW. You start to get into stuff like FPS and all sorts of different stuff and Iā€™m guessing the numbers are different.

1 Like

This I will agree with :slight_smile: I miss that old sports science show on ESPN. That was awesome.

2 Likes

Woooooooooooooooooo

Go Blue!!!

Great Newsā€¦awesome! This changes the narrative around the B1G IMO!

Could be. I suspect Caris got faster during his tenure at UM too, given JBā€™s emphasis on shooting skills for many.

Just in time to pump up season ticket sales, and my day (as well as all other time frames).

Ahhhhhh itā€™s a great day to be a Michigan Wolverine isnā€™t it.

1 Like

Losing a lot, obviously. But itā€™s nice to add two really long shooters to what remains. Itā€™s funny, adding Wagner almost makes me more irritated about losing Wilson because you can see the potential of all of those pieces together.

6 Likes

Entering Michigan, Franz is the best prospect to come to Michigan sinceā€¦

Iā€™d probably go with Glenn and mcgary.

Ignas Brazdeikis

13 Likes

His release is nearly as slow as Klay Thompsonā€™s - but nobodyā€™s perfect!

2 Likes