Former Michigan Players NOT in NBA

Update on some of the former wolverines playing in Europe. Praying for their (and everyone else’s safety) across the globe.

1 Like

Love seeing some Brent Hibbits

7 Likes
1 Like

Happy for Spike. Not happy for his choice of location.

11 Likes

I guess he does perform well when he is with them…

He better maintain that the block was still clean though…

7 Likes

Very ironic huh

If I was Spike, I wouldn’t let a day go by where I don’t remind everyone involved in that program that he dropped damn near 20 in a half on their head in that game

6 Likes

I am really impressed by what David Merritt has accomplished since graduating.

7 Likes

Seems like a broken link

For some reason the G League account won’t let me share it. It was highlights of Iggy.

Edit: damnit, mine does it too!

1 Like

Interesting MLive article about Jordan Morgan by former UMHoops writer Andrew Kahn. Like David Merritt a few weeks ago, it is impressive to read about Jordan’s community involvement. After spending the better part of each year overseas, no one would fault Jordan for just chilling out during the offseason. Instead, he makes a positive impact on the community through the Jordan Morgan Foundation.

1 Like

One of my all-time favs. The first thing I recall about him at U-M was just busting tail every play.

7 Likes

Yeah, Morgan is underrated as a cornerstone of what Beilein built imo. A lot of people on this board probably appreciate him, but the “casual” Michigan fan probably doesn’t remember his impact adequately.

2 Likes

There’s definitely a younger group of fans where following Michigan hoops starts in 2013. Morgan was on those 13 and 14 teams but I think when you start at that point you don’t realize what things look like when Morgan committed and the building blocks of the whole Beilein program.

4 Likes

He gets remembered in 2013 for the end of the Syracuse FF game, but he had also seen his minutes drop drastically by that point. He didn’t play double digit minutes once in the tourney and only played more than 10 minutes 4 times from the end of January on. Part of that was injury related, but still.

Despite all that, and Horford and McGary coming back, he decides to return for his 5th year and eventually becomes a starter on a team that was one shot away from another Final Four.

2 Likes

Yep. The 2014 Jordan Morgan redemption story is one of the better chapters in a career that had some interesting chapters.

I might be missing someone, but I think Jordan is the only Beilein recruit to play in the NCAA Tournament for all four seasons right?

4 Likes

Was gonna say Simpson and Teske, but yeah I think you’re right.

3 Likes

Favorite Jordan Morgan tale is Coach Beilein calling his home, Jordan’s mom answered, called out to Jordan “Coach Beilein from Michigan on the phone”, and Jordan replying “what does he want”. Kids those days

6 Likes

JMo was my favorite player to watch. I had season tickets and would just watch him on defense.

Favorite moment: I think it was his redshirt freshman year that he hit to incredibly clutch free throws (despite his low percentage) to send a game against Iowa to OT that UM would go on to win.

3 Likes