Five thoughts on Isaiah Livers and the NBA Draft

I was half kidding @Mattski. Any degree is a good one, especially for a guy already making millions as an early departure NBA Pro. But, that said, it’s not the equivalent of a Michigan degree - just sayin’.

1 Like

Sam Vecenie of the Athleitc updated his draft board Top 100 today. Very Interesting. B1G guys.

Xavier Tillman - 21
Jalen Smith - 24
Daniel Oturu - 25
Cassius Winston - 35
Ayo - 47
Kaleb Wesson - 51
Joe Wieskamp - 64
Aaron Henry - 82
Isaiah Livers - 88
Luka Garza - 90

No Franz.

Pretty good list, other than Franz should be lised ~ 60 in my book. Isaiah should come back.

1 Like

I’m guessing you mean Kaleb Wesson at 51? I am surprised Ayo is lower than Cassius based on pro potential.

3 Likes

What about Garza’s game keeps him out of being a nice second round flier? Defense?

Defense, defense, defense, defense.

4 Likes

Amazing that Tillman is the highest rated B1G draft prospect by Sam.

Kid has come A LONG way since chubby-tubby high school senior.

How much did Tillman boost his stock by coming back?

Yes, fixed.

He’d put Franz on there if he declared, I’d guess. He leaves guys off if he has no reason to think they’re entering

And even some ways his offense is not terribly translatable. Decent shot, at least something to work with. But who in the NBA is posting him up? He doesn’t face up and dribble much or attack closeouts.

So imo his offense doesn’t translate as well as say, Mo Wagner, who had defensive questions as well

What do you guys think of Cassius’ NBA prospects? I had an argument with some buddies over the weekend where I said I’d be surprised if he sticks in the league long term and they acted like I’m insane

Just watch him as he thunders up and down the court. Dude has the heaviest feet I’ve ever seen. There is defense question marks, and then there is Garza who would be ruthlessly attacked for an easy shot every single time down the court. If he’s on the floor the opposition will either get a an easy layup or an open catch and shoot three.

1 Like

I’m surprised Garza is so low.

No doubt. I usually mention that but was trying to be nice. He runs like he has clown shoes on filled with cement

3 Likes

At least if Iowa lost Wieskamp, that would be a blow. A fully loaded healthy Iowa is one scary offensive team. And they could possibly land Carton as well. Hopefully they don’t learn how to play defense plus Fran melting down will probably cost them a couple games.

The NBA informed teams on Monday that organizations are prohibited from conducting in-person workouts or interviews with draft-eligible players until further notice, according to a memo obtained by ESPN.

NBA teams will be allowed to conduct virtual interviews with draft prospects, but are limited to four hours total for any single player, the memo said.