Five-star power forward Isaiah Todd commits to Michigan

Man…I am excited. What a player. This feels like a moment for the program. Incredible job by Juwan and staff, and I really feel like it raises the ceiling for this new era of Michigan basketball

4 Likes

Sounds like a kid who wants to recruit other great players to come to Michigan, and SHOCK the WORLD!!! Hmmm…

6 Likes

Feels like a lift that this year’s team should feel too, like assurance that they are in good hands.

1 Like

I don’t know how 247 works their points out but the recruit-ranking average for Michigan is now 4th best in the country.

They haven’t updated their team rankings yet, so Michigan is still showing as #55.

1 Like

Up to 16 in the overall rankings

1 Like

Juwan Howard was a 6’9 high school All American. He came to Michigan as part of an iconic class that he helped to recruit. He played in the NBA for 19 years and coached there for three. He is an incredibly successful man in EVERY sense of the word! If I was Isaiah Todd this is exactly the man I would want to play for, to emulate! And if I was Isaiah Todd’s mom, this is exactly the man I would want my son to play for and to emulate! Great job, Juwan! Great choice Isaiah, and momma Todd!

2 Likes

I suppose you all caught the microblinkey glimpses of Juwan in there? Todd is clearly inspired by Juwan and the Fab Five.

2 Likes

“Me and Coach Juwan just click on a different level and I clicked with the guys when I went on my visit, and I was just truly excited to be there,” Todd said.
During their phone calls, Howard relayed to Todd that he sees a lot of himself in him. “He talked about when he committed he was the first guy to commit and he started recruiting and he just thought I reminded him a lot of himself,” Todd said. “He told me that a couple of times, when we were sitting down in the film room he showed me film of him and guys on the next level and I just feel like everything fit perfectly.”

12 Likes

Seemed like a very thoughtful, sincere kid during his preamble. Really impressed with the young buck’s character - he’s got that Michigan Man stuff!

3 Likes

I want to apologized because I panicked when Beliein left and dominoes seems to fall…I thought that we were going to get a coach who couldnt recruit like Belieien did. I was used to a system. Now I am very excited about this team and apologies to the board for panicking.

7 Likes

1991 right Silver? Man this is just awesome. Two weeks before early signing starts. It would be nice if he signs then and puts the overseas crap to rest. Sounds like he is really into this talking to other recruits.

3 Likes

I think we all panicked to some extent hahaha

3 Likes

Just kids making comments on their friends post I know but…love Dickenson’s comment.

14 Likes

It really feels like he is committed and not going anywhere but it should be pointed out that a LOI does not commit him to not going over seas, just not to another school

2 Likes

I still think he is serious about his commitment!

1 Like

Here’s how Michigan basketball, Juwan Howard landed five-star Isaiah Todd

4 Likes

For the record: another comparison to Giannis. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Buncha great photos from today’s practice accompany that story.

1 Like

The article reminded me of how fun of a college player John Wall was: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfINBYmGD1A

Unbeleivably electric in the open court. So sad that the NBA sucked the joy out of him.

NBA is a job as an entertainer. Why I watch college hoops exclusively.

1 Like

Massive get. It was basically impossible for us to find a Beilein replacement in terms of tactical quality, but if our recruiting can go from whatever it was under Beilein (the rankings can’t be used since Beilein outrecruited them) to significantly better under Jalen, he could keep the program top 3 in the Big Ten if he’s a good but not great tactician (i.e worse than Izzo and probably Painter but better than Turgeon).

Castleton(JR)-Todd(FR)-Livers(SR)-Wagner(SO)-DeJulius(JR) looks like a really talented offensive potential starting lineup in terms of shooting and skill, and with Wagner having played pro ball that’s a pretty nice amount of experience.

2 Likes