Evaluation Weekend: April 24-26

Bruce Brown tells me he will be a 2016 recruit. Tells me Michigan has been recruiting him hard as a point guard.

Is there anyone whose stock is up more than Brown? Top 10 in EYBL in PTs, assts, Rebs. Westbrook Jr

Bryce Aikeb out with a shoulder injury in what would have been a good showdown with Devearl Ramsey. Bacari Alexander looking on

Caught a little bit of Huerter’s game. Ref was waaaay too whistle happy so I switched it off. Huerter took the in bounds for every dead ball for his team. Maybe why we’re recruiting him. :wink:

Thanks Dylan. Do u think he can play the point? Seemed to be more of a combo but I think he would be a good pairing with huerter for 2 guard offense. Don’t mind seeing jb widen the net a bit.

Yes I think he could. He’s not a pure point by any means but he brings a lot to the table. Will have much more later.

Michigan commit Austin Davis (Michigan Mustangs) in 5 games at Adidas Uprising in Indy this weekend: 10.6 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 67.6 FG%.

— Brendan F. Quinn (@BFQuinn) April 26, 2015

I’ve never watched the EYBL games before and was surprised at how many whistles there are. I tried to watch a few games (the OH/PA game, the Georgia Stars game and the CIA Bounce game) and it seemed in the latter two that there was a stoppage on every possession. It was difficult to watch, but I persevered.

(Although the Georgia Stars game had some intrigue due to some parents goading the refs and the whole thing just threatening to collapse under the weight of technical fouls.)

That tiny PG on CP3, Darnell Rogers, was pretty cool to watch though. I hope he gets some big-time offers.

Michigan commit Austin Davis (Michigan Mustangs) in 5 games at Adidas Uprising in Indy this weekend: 10.6 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 67.6 FG%.

What’s the competition like?

The Lexington EYBL stop was an officiating camp for the SEC/BIG 12. So…the officials were trying to be seen just as much as the kids were.

It also helps Nike and/or the site host for officials’ fees. Those guys are all paying to officiate games and get evaluated.

Any idea who the coaches were watching today?

The Lexington EYBL stop was an officiating camp for the SEC/BIG 12. So...the officials were trying to be seen just as much as the kids were.

It also helps Nike and/or the site host for officials’ fees. Those guys are all paying to officiate games and get evaluated.

That’s explains the officiating quite a bit. Every game I tried to watch had almost no flow.

Very good. The EYBL is probably still the top circuit, but there’s plenty of talent on the adidas circuit this year.

Very good. The EYBL is probably still the top circuit, but there’s plenty of talent on the adidas circuit this year.

Those are promising numbers.

Some thoughts on U-M prospects in Lexington http://www.umhoops.com/2015/04/27/scouting-nike-eybl-lexington/

Good work on the EYBL article, much appreciated. I will disagree with your take on Huerter though. I think he can play PG for Michigan, without question.

Good work on the EYBL article, much appreciated. I will disagree with your take on Huerter though. I think he can play PG for Michigan, without question.

I think it just depends who you pair him with at the other guard.

Out of the two guard spots you need certain things and the two guards have to be able to provide them in some combination. Maybe one is a good defender, great passer and bad shooter while the other is a good shooter and poor defender, etc.

Out of the two guard spots you need certain things and the two guards have to be able to provide them in some combination. Maybe one is a good defender, great passer and bad shooter while the other is a good shooter and poor defender, etc.

Sounds like he would blend well with a senior version of Walton and Junior version of MAAR, no? Obviously hoping we’d “upgrade” the PG position through the 16-17 recruiting cycle, but this seems like it could still be a good fit if some of the others fall through

Sounds like he would blend well with a senior version of Walton and Junior version of MAAR, no? Obviously hoping we’d “upgrade” the PG position through the 16-17 recruiting cycle, but this seems like it could still be a good fit if some of the others fall through

Yes. Was just going to add something like that. Whether he’s a PG or not, he’d fit nicely with those guys. I could see a MAAR/Huerter backcourt working even if neither of them are really point guards. That’s where the two-guard offense originated after all.

I can see MAAR/Huerter working. But for the reasons you outlined above, would a Winston/Huerter backcourt perhaps be less than ideal? Both excellent shooters but limited speed, change of direction, and athleticism. Would much prefer a Goodin/Hurter (athletic PG + hot shooting 2) or a Winston/Murray or Winston/Langford type deal. (Edit: or Goodin/Williams).