Evaluation Weekend: April 24-26

Who are they watching on Spiece? No huge prospects maybe CJ Walker?

Question for the board. In reading Quinn’s article about Goodin (http://bit.ly/1OoTxKL), if Jordan is the “guard whisper” why is he not leading Goodins recruitment? Anyone have some insight on how they dish out the lead recruiter for different guys?

Watching Bryce Aiken and PSA Cardinals now.

Coaching staffs will work on recruiting differently, depending on the staff. Sometimes it’s regionally based and sometimes it’s first come, first serve. While at WVU, every coach had specific states that they would recruit. I would assume Meyer is Indiana and Kentucky and that is why he is the lead recruiter. When push comes to shove, the whole staff will connect with each recruit at some point.

Based on everything I’ve seen and read so far, it seems like other than Huerter, Bruce Brown has driven his stock up more than any other target so far during the evaluation periods. Conversely, Seth Towns has been underwhelming.

One other thing I’ve noted that hasn’t been mentioned much. Winston turns the ball over a ton.

Haven’t really followed the PG recruitment much since Thornton fell off our radar but is the current consensus that Goodin is better than Winston? It looks that way from the video I’ve seen.

Haven't really followed the PG recruitment much since Thornton fell off our radar but is the current consensus that Goodin is better than Winston? It looks that way from the video I've seen. </blockquote

Winston certainly has a much better shot, better change of direction and handle, but Goodin is just exponentially better as an athlete and finishing around the rim. The question is really whether Winston’s game can translate to the next level in light of his size and limited athleticism. Personally, I like Goodin better as a 2 way player.

Thanks. Yeah, he definitely has a nice shot but I can’t help but think that, as a PG, he moves kind of… slow. Sort of like the anti-Dennis Smith. Maybe it was just the footage I’ve seen.

Watched Huerters game via live stream and I have no doubts he can handle it in half court…no doubts. As he gets stronger he’ll be even better, IMO. He plays a little straight up and down but I was impressed.

Whether he’s a 16 or a 17, I really like hum and think he’s worthy of an offer.

Watched Huerters game via live stream and I have no doubts he can handle it in half court...no doubts. As he gets stronger he'll be even better, IMO. He plays a little straight up and down but I was impressed.

Whether he’s a 16 or a 17, I really like hum and think he’s worthy of an offer.

Change if direction ability or straight line drive type?

More straight line but has a change of pace…what he lacks in lateral quicks he makes up for with his size and seeing over defenders. He’s pretty long. The Soldiers applied good pressure on the ball and Huerter committed 0 TO’s with 4 asts.

Do you think he can play PG?

After watching 2016 PG Bryce Aiken, Beilein hanging around to watch The Family (Winston, Bridges) vs. E1T1.

MattD, I think he can play PG. It would be beneficial to have more of a slasher type at the 2 to play with him but even in lieu of that, he’s a legit BT caliber PG IMO.

Where do you find the streams?

On the EYBL official site.

Watched some of Quentin goodins film and really was impressed. Gonna be tough to pull away from Louisville but Louisville did grab Snyder and Mitchell in the last two classes. Outstanding size and goo athletic ability for the position. Reminds me of the Harrison twin

Anybody of interest for us playing at 5?

Bacari Alexander watching Kevin Huerter to start off the evening.

Was able to catch 5-6 mins of 1 Nation (Daniels)…and my God Josh Jackson is on another level. From a skill standpoint he is ready for the NBA right now. Daniels nailed a 3 and split a pair at the line during the short time I viewed. Comfortable running PnR