European Soccer

Who is he starting over?

Personally I think he’s more impactful than Rice

They don’t play the same role at all though.

That’s a rocket

Good vibes call, Foden should have 2 already.

Game is completely flat in the second half.

Watkins couldn’t get a minute because Kanes bum a$$ had to be in there playing a glorified CDM role

Isn’t Declan Rice arguably the best defensively oriented midfielder in the world

And Palmer a striker

As I said, they don’t play the same role at all.

Palmer isn’t so much a striker though, more of a winger or attacking midfielder. The problem is that Saka defends (so can play wing back), Foden is better and Bellingham seems to have a free pass.

So not really a realistic path into the XI for Palmer over those guys.

1 Like

Yea, I rate Foden but he’s useless out there on the left wing. Really think they’d be better with Foden at the 10 and Jude on the bench. You can’t have them both in there unless you just stick Jude at the 9 which i wouldn’t hate either lol. Criticism of Jude seems to not be allowed tho.

Feels like I’ve read that same thing on the Bluemoon forums hundreds of times in the past couple of years.

And that’s why he scored 22 goals for Chelsea! :rofl: (and City still won the prem)

1 Like

Who ya got?

https://x.com/sophielevin11/status/1811142871103496279

:rofl: :sob:

I’ve not had the opportunity to watch today so maybe this take has been invalidated but my feeling prior to this was that Foden didn’t seem particularly inclined to play on the wing, and while he’s better than Palmer, if Palmer is willing to…maybe that helps?

I know he hasn’t been good in this tournament, but I think Jude is the best player on the team generally, and it’s sensible to build an attack centered around him.

Not sure what this means. As in he sometimes drifts inside? As in he’s not going to play wing back?

Foden just won POTY in the PL playing 3 out of every 4 games on the wing so he definitely does it and can do it very well. The discourse around him is generally “holy shit look how he good he looks in the middle” whenever he does that too.

For me, Bellingham is pretty clearly the guy you would take out of the XI for Palmer (but Foden is the only other choice). Bellingham has not impressed. His reputation > his game.

I get it, I just think it’s hard to drift into the center when Bellingham and Kane are there.

I think that’s generally what they are looking for both guys to do though? The 3-4-2-1 is working well, they looked very dangerous in the first half and Foden was brilliant when England looked its best.

Either way, Bellingham and Foden are the only two guys you’d really put Palmer in place of in this formation. I don’t see that happening even if it seems like it should based on Bellingham’s play.