European Soccer

I’ve watched a lot of City games where City dominate and somehow don’t win. That was the classic City game where City can’t figure the game out and you know nothing good is coming from it.

Sure City dominated possession and Hwang should have been sent off, but there was nothing incisive for City all day.

Guys like Doku, Nunes, Kovacic are fine as the extra guy, but you can’t build the whole midfield around them this year.

Arsenal match is going to be ugly.

Grealish has mostly just been hurt, right? I think I have a lot more confidence with him on the wing than Doku in a big match.

And Wolves have been unlucky with some officiating decisions this season. Stuff happens. Neto beats his man down the field, gets to the 6 yard box and a positive thing happened despite it not being a shot on goal.

Wolves are always going to cede possession to City. Holding them to less than 1.0 xG is hardly City dominating

2 Likes

Bingo. Wolves had the right gameplan, City could never break it down, Wolves had dangerous counter attacks.

No Saka, no problem.

1 Like

No KDB and Rodri, big problems! Congrats on the win.

1 Like

(Should have been no Kovacic TBH)

Definitely. And of course it would have been no Kovacic … :wink:

1 Like

I’m so happy the Gunners are actually good again. That was a lucky goal but it was a fair result. MC played the first 20-25 minutes very well, but after that Arsenal got the better of things. Gabriel Jesus was outstanding today and it was desperately needed. Saliba was no better than usual, which is fine bc he is clearly one of the better CBs on the planet. Such a safety net.

Anyone else catching the friendly vs Germany?

1 Like

no I was too busy watching Tom Allen take it in the face

5 Likes

Could have flipped to watch a total MSU meltdown.

Musiala is going to be so damn good. Waltzing all over the field versus the US defense.

Our back four were….not good today

1 Like

Hot take: Ghana might not be a great team.

USMNT carving 'em up.

2 Likes

:ghana: != :de:

Apparently.

@bacon141

What about that touch from Hwang

(oh no not Neto)

What a finish to the match this morning. Cloud 9 that we got a just result based on the play. No VAR shenanigans today

1 Like

Sarabia’s equalizer was a work of art

EPL is officially up for grabs. City are a complete mess and keep throwing points away.

Have at it y’all.