Duke-Arizona Open Thread

Duke-Arizona coming up on ESPN… Michigan will play both teams in December.

Put me down as predicting UA will win this game.

Put me down as predicting UA will win this game.

Will be a good test of how exploitable Duke is inside… Arizona has a nice collection of big men. Will be interesting to see what wins out.

Hey the game is finally going to start an hour late! :slight_smile:

UA in early foul trouble, Duke exploiting UA’s smaller guards. Parker is a great talent, needs to have better shot selection at times.

Arizona is big but I still don’t see the “skilled” part of it. Athletic, definitely, but their big men are average in the post, mediocre footwork, great at finishing. Good thing athletic and big is good is still enough to be significantly better than any other front court in America.

Guard play by both teams leaves a lot to be desired… Duke does have a roster of highly recruited guards that can get hot on any night but no consistency

I have MSU, Kansas, Ok St, UL and Kentucky being clearly better or with higher ceilings

Hard to display footwork when you are doubled as soon as you receive the entry pass.

Hard to display footwork when you are doubled as soon as you receive the entry pass.

I’ve seen multiple Arizona games and I just don’t see the IQ from their big men but they are huge and athletic which is more than enough to punish our frontcourt

AZ doesn’t really have an outside shooter other than York to make Duke pay for the double down in the post.

AZ leaving a lot of points on the floor with sloppy TOs

I’ve seen multiple Arizona games and I just don’t see the IQ from their big men but they are huge and athletic which is more than enough to punish our frontcourt

Have to agree they look much less effective tonight on the offensive end, but they’ve made life tough on Parker on the other end

TOs really the difference i the game

Arizona should keep throwing it inside regardless and wear that interior down because their guards just aren’t good enough offensively

McConnel certainly isn’t a threat to score and he’s undersized on D, hard to hide him if you’re AZ

McConnel certainly isn't a threat to score and he's undersized on D, hard to hide him if you're AZ

It’d be like if we started Spike.

Exactly

Duke is doubling in the post as soon as the entry pass is made, they don’t even wait until the catch is made

They have no respect for AZ outside shooting

That is something we can exploit vs AZ

AZ size taking over the last 5 mins