Drake Harris

Sure would be nice if Drake decided to play basketball again too…

He’s good, but not that good. Football is by far his best sport, and no way he could play both sports.

The backcourt is not where we’ll need help next year in any case. Even if he played, he’d be deep on the bench. If he were 6’10 and 220 lbs, that would be different.

Good but not that good ?
He was good enough to get offers from Imdiana and Michigan State.
He is Darn good.

Good but not that good ? He was good enough to get offers from Imdiana and Michigan State. He is Darn good.

He’s a good basketball player and a much better football player. His basketball development never really took off, especially after he focused on football late in his career.

Good athlete on the basketball court, but not very skilled from what I can remember. Basically a 3 in a SG body. I like his upside for Michigan much more on the football field as a vertical threat that we’ll need after Funchess leaves, which might be next year considering the body of work he’s put together in 2 years. Regardless of sport, Harris will need a RS year to put on much needed size/strength.

Regardless of sport, Harris will need a RS year to put on much needed size/strength.

He is an Early Enrollee, that should help him bulk up a bit and show the coaches what he can do in the system well before the season starts. I could see Harris being a 3rd option behind Funchess and Darboh. Don’t have any insight to how the 2013 guys will perform, but it may be reasonable to expect him to compete with Chesson.