College Basketball Open Discussion

I just think they’re losing a ton of talent, and I don’t see a surefire NBA player on their roster. I feel like they’re really similar to Nova last year - well coached, and they’ll win games, but after we walked into Nova’s new arena and crushed them, it was pretty clear (at least to me) they were not a great team, and even then they had an NBA player in Paschall (who scored 36 tonight in a win over Portland).

I fell asleep last night and missed the deadline for the pool. I didn’t submit it earlier as I was trying to find as much info on mid major sleepers as I could. I’m pretty disgusted. I put a lot of time in on it but just needed to iron out a couple things. I’m pretty bitter.

I was going with

unc 14
DePaul 6
Indiana 8
Tcu 7
UCLA 8
Florida 15
Harvard 11
Houston 10
A throw a way 5 (hadn’t decided on who)
Either buffalo, furman, or Montana
Then either ucf, Texas a and m, temple, or northern Iowa.

I also liked the Bonnie’s, Wichita st, northeastern. I was playing with lots of combos of 7-9’s.

Who’s you take Dylan?

I really am down on Virginia. I respect Bennett so they should be a top 25 team but I think it’s more likely they finish out of the top 25 than it is they finish in the top ten.

In the acc I like duke, Unc, Louisville over them for sure. I think it’s possible cuse or Notre Dame finishes higher.

Overall this is the weakest acc year I can think of since they poached the big east schools.

The big ten and big east look really tough. The American should be surprisingly good. I’d also say this is the best pac 12 year I’m a long time. Big 12 should also be very solid. I like West Virginia a lot and as much as I hate them Tcu might be scrappy. Kansas will be a top team and Baylor/ Iowa st will be good.

1 Like

Big 12 is a great conference this year. Every team should be ~top 50 team

Jalen Wilson played 2 minutes tonight. Wonder how many he would’ve played for Michigan?

Maxey is a stud. Wow.

1 Like

Anyone think Purdue minus 20 is too much versus uw Green Bay? I like Purdue but that is a solid mid major team this year.

Couple of interesting matchups tonight. First look at OSU as they host Cincinnati. Virginia travels to Syracuse.

1 Like

I can’t believe the ACC is playing conference games. What an absolutely idiotic idea.

6 Likes

Yeah, I don’t even like that we do some in mid December. I would hate for our first game of the year to be against a conference foe, even a N’W quality team.

2 Likes

You’ll no doubt be shocked to learn the reason they’re doing this is to push the launch of the new ACC Network. In other words: :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

2 Likes

… I kind of like it? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

After watching the quality of play last night across the board, I’d hate to have a conference game this early. Need some games under the belt before diving into the ones that matter more.

This Wake/BC game is making me re-think everything I’ve ever said.

6 Likes

I really wish there was a ncaa basketball scoreboard with a “High-Major” filter.

6 Likes

Justin Pierce not starting for UNC

Was he expected to?

Probably just a commentary on how he, like Wilson, may have started and played a much bigger role if they had come here.

Cole Anthony is pretty awesome although it may be a bit of overkill that they show his dad after every basket he makes.

1 Like

TV exposure was part of the contract he signed for Cole to attend UNC. :slightly_smiling_face: