College Basketball Open Discussion

Hotels are cheap right now for the Final Four whether you book on points or cash. IHG/Marriott are very reasonable, just watch the cancellation dates. I really wonder how accessible tickets will be to the general public though, even in the secondary market.

Aww. I love where the program’s at and wouldn’t change a thing, but I also miss him.

Can I have a hug?

“Is North Carolina a football school now?” – heart emojis in every color

1 Like

Bajema had 13 points, 2 boards, an assist, 2 steals, 2 blocks and 0 turnovers last night in 26 minutes off the bench for the horrible Huskies in a loss to Stanford.

I didn’t see this one, but I’ve watched several other Washington games this season and noticed how often Cole is left wide open behind the 3-point line while his teammates play one-on-three driving the ball into traffic and turning it over. It’s little wonder how bad that team is with the lack of ball movement. That, and they had 20 turnovers last night.

5 Likes

Obviously the context of their two careers make it impossible to compare them. I tend to think from my own eye-test that Livers is a better shooter, Irvin is a better defender, Livers was able to play a role better suited to his skills than Irvin was, and overall I’d pick Livers if I were building a team.

Who does Jim Boeheim think he is ? Has he ever criticized coach who leaves a school for a higher paying job ?

2 Likes

Toledo playing Buffalo right now on ESPN2. Rockets currently on a 9-0 run to go up, 33-30.

1 Like

pretty good game, basically the only hoops on tonight

Not sure if he’s looking for a change of scenery but he would be a great fit at Maryland next year. Gaithersburg kid.

UM coach Jim Larranaga: point guard Chris Lykes ‘unlikely’ to play rest of the seasonhttps://t.co/sBuLg8HY4i

— Alex Mena (@alexmenamiami) February 19, 2021

Utah State/Boise State on FS1 is a decent matchup, too.

2 Likes

has that already tipped off?

Yep, 10:00 p.m. tip, currently 23-23 with 8:00 left in the first.

1 Like

Toledo pulling away late to probably seal this one. Now up 10 with 1:26 left and Buffalo at the line for two shots.

2 Likes

https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/article249309035.html

2 Likes

UCF close to finishing off a road victory over Tulane.

Tennessee getting destroyed by Kentucky at home.

Is Tennessee considered the second best team in the SEC? That league is not good

2 Likes

Tennessee is so weird. Lots of talent, but so many duds.

Rick Barnes being Rick Barnes, I guess.

3 Likes

Tennessee will be an auto 1st rd upset pick in my bracket

Tennessee is ranked 19th. Kentucky was 6 games under .500 coming into today.

After this game Kentucky is one game back of Tennessee in the SEC standings.

2 Likes

Blueblood revenge day today. UK over UT, MSU over IU, Kansas up 10 over TTech … all upsets by rankings.

1 Like