College Basketball Open Discussion

ASU looking to see if they can avoid falling to 5-9 tonight. Down 5 early

1 Like

Bill Walton: “Have you ever been kidnapped?” :rofl: What?

4 Likes

That’s Colorado’s second embarrassing loss in their last four games. They also lost to previously 1-11 Washington. :face_vomiting:

4 Likes

Just when I started to praise UVA again after dogging them all season, they go and do this!

1 Like

I always felt he was a good athlete, very long arms, good touch around the rim, good at scoring off the glass, long arms, springy, well suited to block shots. He’s exceeded my expectations, for sure, but I always thought there was a player there. I also liked his attitude/competitiveness. Was sad to see him go. Tried not to cry when I sent him good farewell Twitter wishes :joy:

1 Like

Late to the party: Kansas…kinda sucks?

but on the bright side the Buffs shot 5/6 at the FT line and currently at 84.1% nationally to lead the nation from the stripe

Just turned on Stanford/ASU and the first thing I see is Jaygup23 airball a wide open three. On the bright side, the Sun Devils are leading by seven.

1 Like

Stanford now up four after Christopher dribbled the ball off his leg out of bounds.

Edit: Christopher for three!

1 Like

ASU is going to survive. Two-game winning streak!

In case anyone who watched that ASU game is wondering, that was the worst goaltending call in the history of basketball (channeling my inner Bill Walton there, but it actually may be true).

1 Like

Non-conference update:

• Bowling Green was blasted by Toledo, 84-66, and is really slumping of late, losing four in a row and five of six. Down to 138 on KenPom (after a high water mark of 103).
  • Oakland swept Fort Wayne and now impressively find themselves 8-13 after an 0-9 start to the season. Jumped 32 spots to 209 on KP after the aforementioned road sweep.
  • Ball State was destroyed by Akron and now find themselves in a tailspin much like BGSU, losing three in a row and six of nine. Currently matching their low water KP mark of 162.
  • UCF took Wichita State to OT on the road but lost, which I’m counting as a moral victory since they only have four of the real ones (including a how-in-the-****-did-they-do-that win over FSU). Their close loss bumps them up to 94 on Kenneth Pomeroy Dot Com.
  • Toledo blew out BGSU, 84-66. The Rockets are now 15-4 and easily the class of the MAC (though they did lose to second place Akron). And speaking of Michigan Agricultural College, Toledo is only one spot behind them on KenPom, checking in at #59.
4 Likes

I love www dot Kenneth Pomeroy dot com

1 Like

They had two of the best players in the country last year in Devon Dotson and Udoka Azubuike. This year, they have a wealth of talent that can play the 2 through 4, but point guard and center are big weak spots.

Yeah, they replaced Azubuike with a 6-10 guy shooting 45% from 2 (McCormack) and are stuck with Garrett and freshman Dajuan Harris at the point. Poor Billy Boy just doesn’t know what to do. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy!

2 Likes

I don’t follow the rosters of the other blue bloods well enough, but it mirrors the roster construction issues at MSU also. And frankly, if not for Mike Smith we might have similar concerns at Michigan. Granted, we got Dickinson so solidify the center position…but still.

1 Like

Difference being that the Michigan coaching staff identified PG as a huge need and went after and secured a transfer. I don’t follow KU enough to know their dalliances but clearly they didn’t do as good a job as necessary. You’d think it would be pretty easy to convince someone to come play for a blueblood coming off of a 27-3 season.

2 Likes

Kansas has a solution. They just don’t use it. When they used Jalen Wilson as a small ball 5 they were a pretty good team. Now they’ve just abandoned it because Self thinks McCormack is their best player (those are his words IIRC)

6 Likes

EL OH FREAKING EL

1 Like

MSU put 100% of their point guard eggs in the Karim Mane basket. Ya hate to see it.

2 Likes