College Basketball Open Discussion

LOL. Nope, but I do know Paul. He was a leader at a camp I attended when I first started officiating 20+ years ago, and I’ve worked the occasional game with him through the years. In my 2nd year, I worked with Paul on a regional championship HS game and it was as nervous as I’ve ever been before a game because I was working with the legendary Paul Carter. I did NOT want to screw up in front of the legendary Paul Carter.

I remember that too. They went on to get over that incident and became good friends.
A lesson we could all learn from.

1 Like

Paul is not only a great referee…but a better human being in the Windsor area!!

1 Like

UK ducking Texas :wink:

48 hour pause??? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

6 Likes

Hmmm interesting. The fit of that line doesn’t look super tight, and I don’t think there’s much reason to think the relationship would be linear. The variation is definitely the first thing that catches my eye there more than anything tbh.

1 Like

This Colorado State court is the worst court I have ever seen. I have a hard time conceiving of how a court could be less conducive to watching a basketball game.

3 Likes

I was wondering that myself but I didn’t feel like doing that much research. Sounds fishy. But that’s a win they would need to save their season unless their just putting their chips on the SEC tourney

This seems like a good time for Kentucky to self-impose a one-year postseason ban.

“Our bad about those recruiting violations.”

3 Likes

OMG you are not kidding, this court design is so stupid. The marketing person who sold them on this is laughing all the way to the bank.

If you make a shot from the center of the … vortex, I guess, without touching the sides you get an extra .5 points.

If you miss, you get sucked in and are never heard from again.

8 Likes

Why do banks even exist anymore??
I don’t get long lines to get in a bank. Who does these things??
Also why do people get in long lines at gas stations? I’m talking little Kroger kiosk gas station where you can’t buy anything but gas and cigarettes from what I can tell from my safe distance sitting in my car while the gas pumps.
Smokers and vapers irritate me to no end. People playing lottery numbers are right up there and they probably vape anyway; would certainly vape while buying lotto tickets if they could get away with it. 100% take a hit of their vape the absolute first moment possible upon leaving with their losing tickets

I feel a little bit vindicated as a constant Castleton believer.

3 Likes

Too many variables: What your profile was before, how many practices you had before resumption, even team meetings. . . And if part of the calculus is what kind of shape you return to the court in, even things like motivation matter. But fun to try to account.

2 Likes

You got me there. I keep trying to believe in everybody, but didn’t see him quite getting over the hump. ‘Big men take time.’ registered trademark

2 Likes

Bama looks terrible right now. I think this is more of an indictment on the SEC than anything else if this is supposed to be their best team. There’s a big dropoff in conference quality after the Big 12 and Big Ten this year.

1 Like

Agreed. I think Bama is clearly the best SEC team, and a good team. But they’re more top 25 than top 10. There’s a reason they struggled against a good/not great non-con slate, have started to look dominant in SEC play, and are now losing to a good OU team that doesn’t have two key players including their best.

I also think Bama was on an unsustainable hot streak shooting from 3 for a while and are coming back to earth there.

3 Likes

Ed Cooley loses to a 3-8 team to fall to 9-8.

2 Likes

Missouri losing by five at home to KP #93 TCU at the half. You might be on to something with your “SEC stinks” mantra!