College Basketball Open Discussion

No worries. Full teasing on my end due to the wording. I agree on the priorities of games, but I gave up trying to understand broadcast rights and schedules. Now I just voice remote “basketball” and see what’s on that I can watch.

1 Like

Lol, I like your method.

random tidbit about Gonzaga and Baylor. Their current KenPom ratings are +34.06 and +33.74. For the best teams in college basketball, their ratings generally go up over the course of the season as their preseason predictions fade out (best teams are usually predicted in the +26-28 range or so). In the KenPom era (since 2002), their have only been 4 teams that finished a season with a higher rating than current #2 Baylor (2002 Duke, 2008 Kansas, 2015 Kentucky, and 2018 Villanova…just barely at +33.76).

They are playing some unreal basketball thus far this season.

4 Likes

That’s a pretty cool piece of info you found. Among those four, we have a one-point upset in the S16 (Duke), a Final Four (UK), and two champions (KU, Nova). I’ll be very interested to see KenPom’s log5 predictions when the time comes!

Shaka Smart has Covid

Anyone going to stay up until 1:00 a.m. EST to watch Arizona and #BuildTheBrand?

Also, I talked ish about UVA a month ago but you look up and see they’re 11-2 and 7-0 in ACC play.

1 Like

I’m gonna be up til 1 for other reasons but I’ll definitely have it on in the background

1 Like

Mac McClung is…good?

Couldn’t believe WV just left him wide open a couple possessions ago

Both WVU and TT can play. Kansas is probably the fourth best team in the B12 - very strong league. Great finish in Morgantown

No better than fifth best…you’re forgetting Texas.

2 Likes

You’re correct - I forgot Texas. Ha, thanks. Even more so then, very strong league.

1 Like

Baylor, Texas, Tech, Kansas, WV is quite a gauntlet.

2 Likes

I was with you bud. ACC is kinda soft this year though.

Trying to watch a few minutes of ASU vs Zona…so far ASU us horrific. They are 0-12 and have several turnovers in the first 6+ minutes. They are down 12-0 and haven’t come close to scoring. Woof…

JC with several air balls in this so far debacle.

I will say I was a little skeptical of WVU before tonight, especially without Tshiebwe. They had beaten a couple of good teams (VCU and OSU) but no one great. Wasn’t sure they were top 10 good like their rankings say. This is definitely a good win for them though.

The Big 12 is so good this year though. Only 10 teams but 5 of them are top 15 level good, and OU and OSU are still tourney teams as well. Ridiculous depth for a 10 team league.

Yeah…hard to watch Guard U have such bad play from their guards. Yuck. 2-18 from the floor.

1 Like

Have to give credit to JC…not many 4-7 teams get a nationally televised ESPN2 11pm tip in a rivalry game (while the main ESPN channel runs Scott Van Pelt segments). Only at #GuardU would his three airballs in the first half performance get the international recognition he was looking for.

If he keeps this up, hopefully he’ll sneak into the first round of the draft. SI’s latest mock has taken notice, surging him up to 28th overall. (Franz is 13th :relaxed:)

1 Like

Not sure that’s going to be good for his brand.

2 Likes