College Basketball Open Discussion

I can confirm via google that @buckets12 won the competition.

1 Like

Indeed, it was Archie.

Archie Island is alive :desert_island:

2 Likes

damn I could have sworn it was Jim Ferry

2 Likes

In back to back games, Miami OH has put a hurtin’ on Ball State and Bowling Green. Not cool, RedHawks. Not cool.

1 Like

Juwan Howard has, as well. Not AS a coach, of course.

1 Like

#24 UCLA (7-0 in conference play) is down 4 at the half to KenPom #147 California.

ASU is down 5 at the half at home to Arizona. ASU is basically back to 100% roster wise. Christopher has 2 points (1/3 from the field, 0/1 from 3, 0/3 from the FT line) with 4 rebounds, 0 assists and 1 TO.

ASU falls to 4-7 on an Arizona buzzer beater

4 Likes

Wow, Arizona airballed a 3 with the game tied but got the OREB and put it in as time expired for the win. Brutal loss for ASU.

3 Likes

Woof. Looks like ASU blew a 7-point lead with 4:41 left and didn’t score in the final 2:20.

3 Likes

Wow, I had already chalked that one up for Arizona State with a couple minutes left. Absolutely brutal.

3 Likes

Josh Christopher may not even get to play in the tournament in his one season in college

5 Likes

Yeah, I’d say winning the Pac-12 Tournament (if one even happens) is ASU’s only way of making the NCAA Tournament now.

1 Like

Great answer!

Was just coming here to say that if you wanted to play in the tournament, maaaaaaaybe you shouldn’t have put your trust in Choking *** Bobby Hurley :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Not sure that’s going to be good for his brand

4 Likes

If I am reading the question correctly wouldn’t Kevin Ollie at UConn be an answer overall in college basketball??

1 Like

He’s the one exception, yes

" Each of the top four teams selected from a conference shall be placed in different regions if they are seeded on the first four lines."

This is from the NCAA’s bracketing rules this year. Is this new for this year? I noticed in reading bracket watch today, the guy mentioned that Iowa and Michigan couldn’t be in the same region and I was ready to correct him until I found this

1 Like

The language sounds new to me but as I look through recent tournaments I don’t see any examples of top-4 seeds from the same conference in the same region. The closest I can find are 2s and 5s (Duke and UVA in the 2017 East region)

I was trying to look at Torvik when I saw that according to his site Houston is going to potentially shatter the record for wins in a season this year.

In all seriousness, maybe a Twitter user here should let him know his site is currently broken. Michigan’s page looks fine but I know FSU’s is the same way.