College Basketball Open Discussion

If you’re looking for some fast paced, up and down, frantic basketball with some terrible defense and a lot of sloppy play, Auburn-Alabama is thoroughly entertaining.

But fair warning, Dakich is the color guy.

1 Like

Surprised to see Carter Whitt playing for Wake now. Must have missed that news.

NC State was 40 seconds from a win @ #19 Clemson earlier this week and potentially taking over the mantle as the best ACC team.

Instead they’ve gone 0-2 this week after losing to a very bad and injured Miami team today at home.

1 Like

they call that “NC State Shit”

1 Like

If both their offense and their defense are significantly better with him off the floor than on, as you just documented (i.e. in every way they’re worse with him than without him), how does it make any sense to say “He’s why Iowa is good this year”?

Because most of the time Iowa is playing, he’s on the court. On/off numbers are only so useful and I’m sure there a couple of blowouts in there where Garza didn’t play due to fouls or something and the offense went crazy.

Before you say, well doesn’t discount the defensive splits… sure but the fact is that Iowa is a bad defensive team as a baseline and Garza is on the court for 3 out of every 4 minutes.

1 Like

I really liked Whitt as a prospect, and didn’t realize he was playing with them already. Box score said he started for them and played 29 min. 7 TO tho so welcome to the league I guess hah

Texas @ WVU really slaps so far. Insane defense. Hope we don’t draw WVU in the tournament

1 Like

Unfortunately, some of these may be reasons why he goes early. Over time, any liabilities will receive more scrutiny.

Both of these teams are awesome. What a game

1 Like

Andrew Jones :sweat_drops::sweat_drops::sweat_drops:

1 Like

Great play by the Texas guard there. What a kick out.

Andrew Jones making it back is such a great story

7 Likes

What a terrible end to the game for Matthews. Unnecessarily takes a shot with the shot clock off up 1, gets fouled luckily, and misses both FTs

3 Likes

Awful sequence by WVU. Instead of kicking it back out to run clock and force a foul, guy puts up a shot and luckily is fouled, but then misses both FTs and then the entire Mountaineer team collapses on the driver, leaving Andrew Jones wide open from three. #4 for WVU didn’t even bother trying to contest (likely wouldn’t have made a difference, but still).

Fantastic finish for Texas and Andrew Jones.

What a shot!!

1 Like

Despite being the best conference, it may be hard for any B1G team to get a one seed with Baylor, Gonzaga, Texas and Nova being who they are.

1 Like

I agree. I think those are the 4.

1 Like

Give Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa the two seeds and let’s call it a day.

7 Likes

That is super trippy. He wasn’t bald this whole time, he was just shaving it?