College Basketball Open Discussion

Any insinuation that mgoblog’s basketball coverage or community is at a higher level in any way shape or form than the ones at UMhoops is as misguided as the following totally random, not at all related takes:

3 Likes

That Booker one is fantastic cause I’d never seen it before, it has nothing to do with Duncan Robinson, and was hilariously wrong

2 Likes

Condescending platitudes can make even the most accurate in-depth scouting and analysis less impressive, IMO. I’m glad the author found a new home for his legitimately very high quality recruiting analysis, after he vacated UMhoops and was never seen again after Beilein made his second National Championship game in 6 seasons. His style is better suited for the folks on that board.

Anyways, sorry for engaging in that dialogue, I couldn’t help myself after seeing the tweets. Let’s beat the Wildcats.

5 Likes

I’ve never stopped by that other site/forum, but there’s just no way it’s as good as this one. If it were even close, I’d be impressed.

2 Likes

Is this Matt?

It frustrates me that two of the best websites devoted to Michigan have to bicker in the comments forums or on twitter over silly differences of approach or opinion. I respect Dylan even more for staying out of it. I would rather visit both blogs to talk about our teams and maybe make fun of opponents rather than fight among ourselves.

Go Blue, Beat Northwestern.

6 Likes

Show me a guard who doesn’t get beat off the dribble at times. The question is how often and by whom. I think that you’re undervaluing his athleticism to begin with. Knowing tendencies is another factor.

When we were kids, Aunt Sarah used to buy us velour shirts for Hannukah.

3 Likes

Did you ever have the audacity to wear them to a public event?

My mom forced us to wear them to family events, but only if she knew Aunt Sarah would be there.

Broadly speaking, I think you could do velour in a few different ways, which explains the appeal to both Aunt Sarah and to MattD.

3 Likes

So you’ve been to a Final Four. :rofl:

A post was split to a new topic: 20201 NCAA Tournament will be in Indianapolis

Holding back shade here, but why does MattD have a non-EM basketball twitter presence? Does the EM account like all the LAbound tweets and vice versa? Asking here to delay my inevitable block from both accounts.

EM is exclusively high school recruiting content for his site. LABound2 is his long-time personal account and he’s engaged with people on Twitter (including me) for years. Since becoming a bigger fixture on MGoBlog, he has started doing film videos on there for that audience.

1 Like

I assume EM is strictly used for that business and his other account is for personal/Michigan reasons.

West Virginia seems to be in a bit of mid-season slump after a great start to the year

And as soon as I say that WV has gone on a huge run, pulling close to OSU

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Big Ten Basketball 2020-21 Discussion

Was just looking at the ACC’s page on KenPom and noticed that Keve Aluma and Carlik Jones are #3 and #4 on the ACC “All-KenPom” team. Doesn’t seem great when up-transfers from Wofford and Radford are seen as among the best a conference has to offer thus far in the season. Contrast that with the B1G list of Garza, Jackson-Davis, Dosunmu, Dickinson, and Carr or the Big 12 with Jared Butler, Cade Cunningham, Derek Culver, Greg Brown, and Jalen Wilson.

In other words, the ACC is down.

1 Like

The NET released yesterday seemed to be running a bit behind. I think Colgate was insanely high because it was only including their 40 point destruction of Army, not their subsequent loss. They’re now 46th. https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings

We can now say Michigan is at 5 and MSU at 120 too!

10 Likes