College Basketball Open Discussion

2 Likes

Thanks for posting. My son and I were just discussing the waiver issue. This could get ugly…

1 Like
1 Like

He’s wildly overrated right now but good for them

Nice. I love going to Howard games.

3 Likes

Weird choice

Remember our old pal Josh Christopher visited Howard.

5 Likes

The Bison better win the MEAC auto bid next year so he plays in the Tournament.

The nation saw David Robinson, Adonal Foyle, Chris Kaman, and Michael Olowokandi on the big stage, and by jove we should see Makur Maker just the same.

Over in the Emoni Bates thread, we were reminded that former top recruit OJ Mayo also pondered/threatened to play for a HBCU instead of a Power Six school.

“I want to be different,” Floyd recalls Mayo telling him. “I want to leave a mark.”

Mayo said that if he did not go to U.S.C., he would probably enroll at an African-American college. Such colleges are renowned academically, but they do not typically produce pro basketball players.

1 Like

We hosts the money games, Lebowski.

That will create some scheduling problems, also more evidence IMO that visits and live evals aren’t happening prior to the early signing period

Also could mean no basketball for anyone until Jan 1

I still think a conference-only season that starts in January for hoops might be the most realistic scenario.

6 Likes

I’ve basically assumed that for both hoops and football for a while. No way Michigan was gonna go to Washington to play

6 Likes

For sure. Having college sports in the fall certainly isn’t a given at this point either. But no way rosters of 80-plus players (and all the accompanying coaches, trainers, staff members, etc.) will be jetting across country in a couple of months. The Big Ten is smart to do this now; schools/athletic departments can focus on more attainable goals.

1 Like

Conference only basketball seems likely. If they aren’t going to push football back, I could see starting basketball early so they can space out the games. At least make that the plan, with a lot of flexibility to change it.

I’m getting more and more skeptical that either sport plays even a full conference season.

4 Likes

Hopefully we can add Northwestern at the front of the schedule. I never liked the Washington game.

5 Likes