College Basketball Open Discussion

I don’t think Hoggard would start, at least to start the year. I’d assume they’d slide Watts to the one and go with Watts-Henry-Brown at the 1-2-3.

1 Like

How likely is it that Karim ends up with MSU? I’m out of touch with that situation.

Marquette’s the favorite currently, all 4 CBs on 247. a Rivals Memphis writer did just put in the Rivals CB equivalent for MSU for Mane, but it’s the only forecast and I’m not sure how connected he is to the situation.

I’d say Marquette’s the favorite but MSU is a major player. He’s been waiting to visit MSU but can’t because of COVID. The longer he can’t visit the worse it is for MSU, but the fact that he’s waiting to decide until he can visit MSU means they have a legit shot.

2 Likes

IIRC he is also considering going pro directly.

1 Like

Yeah a bit of a weird situation in that, from a recruiting prospective, most if not all people probably assumed/knew Beilein would offer more than just one pg on Day one. Seems odd that Morris would be turned off by that, especially considering he was offer number one. Oh well. All three of the offered pgs had great college careers.

2 Likes

This is a pretty awesome by Nunez.

Spoiler: has Moe, Franz, Matthews and Coach Howard :part_alternation_mark::fire:

13 Likes

I love how much Mo loves his Nick Ward ankle breaking play

24 Likes

I could watch it all day

3 Likes

Pro predictions now coming in for Jalen green who announces in a few days. Looks like Calipari may just know what he’s doing, he backed out of the Todd, Christopher and green recruitments.

4 Likes

He probably has the best information money can buy.

3 Likes

Also rumblings about Jalen Suggs, g league seems to be trying to make their move. Owners desperately want to make that league a profitable venture.

No one has really taken the G-League Select route yet, but I wonder if players ultimately will enjoy playing in front of 5 people in Grand Rapids instead of playing games people care about. 125k feels like small potatoes in the long run if you’re good enough to be a G League player out of high school.

4 Likes

Have to think it is more appealing when it is an international pandemic and going overseas when the world is shut down.

But they also get to be “adults” instead of college “kids” many, many 18 year olds desperately want to believe they are adults right now.

As a 25 year old, idk if that’s the attitude my slightly older generation has/had. I think we wanted to stay irresponsible kids as long as possible and constantly complained about being “old” in our early twenties. :rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing, I really expect more to jump in this direction. The G-league is hiring more development coaches every year and investing in the infrastructure to train and support the kids. They can possibly build their own pipeline outside of the draft and get in on kids early. I think the 2-way is in the $300K range now and I bet if Liver’s is offered he jumps. This is just phase one of the NCAA competing for talent. Might have to pay these kids, most don’t covet a degree in the top 50.

He might well go if he’s offered a 2 way contract, but as a practical matter, how is that going to work this year? Only the team with rights to a player can first offer a 2 way deal. 2 way contracts generally are given to free agents who show something in the summer league. There is no draft until August, and nobody can sign free agents until after the draft, so no one has rights to anybody until August, and there will be no summer leagues at least until then. This means that Livers, who can’t even work out for teams at this point, and was hurt for a substantial portion of last year, has few opportunities to impress anyone sufficiently to get a guarantee. Add to that the fact that NBA teams, like most businesses, are losing lots of money, and that the current return to school deadline is June 3, and it seems really unlikely that anyone can make him any kind of credible promise before he has to make a decision…which doesn’t mean someone won’t try, and he won’t believe it. We’ll see.

1 Like

Wouldn’t that be an interesting story. Isaiah Todd goes to G League and ends up on the same team as Isaiah livers.

4 Likes

I liked the comment, but am not a fan of “Livers to the G-League”. OTOH he would probably fit better than Isaiah playing against grown men.