College basketball corruption charges

I can’t imagine a more fitting move by the NCAA than punishing the cleanest coach in the sport for something a former football player did for a recruit that was never seriously even considering attending the school, during his AAU career. sigh

2 Likes

I think the key issue here is that the booster has to be recruiting the prospect to attend the school. Tai Streets is a booster, but if he’s paying players to bolster his charity organization, that doesn’t mean he’s recruiting them to go to Michigan. I would think there would need to be something to close the loop there.

Generally speaking, the penalty for this sort of thing is a suspension of the prospect (i.e. Jamal Crawford or Indiana a few years back).

2 Likes

I don’t want to “like” this, but I agree.

The punishment here would likely be that Tai Streets can’t have contact with Michigan or attend games or interact with Michigan in the recruitment of one of his kids. Bowen would obviously be ineligible and is permanently ineligible because he’s a pro in Australia now. But it isn’t like there’s something to worry about here.

That CBS article with IU outlines what punishment could be like if it was found to be a violation.

4 Likes

Technically, i can donate money to Michigan State to become a booster of their programs. Then to put them in trouble, I could give money to one of their recruits. Or I can donate to all programs to get everyone in trouble.

1 Like

They wouldnt get in trouble, you would get in trouble

1 Like

Decided to swing by RCMB for their take on the situation (I know I know…) and had some laughs. One guy mentioned a late visit from Bowen where we got crystal balls that I’m pretty sure only existed in this guys head.

I listened Huge show when Izzo was on. Izzo was being complimentary towards Coach Beilein but it was difficult for him to do. Did so vaguely at first then mentioned Beilein and Bray as coaches who do things the right way

2 Likes

They also had people claiming Beilein was cheating when he started winning, even though he was still losing every recruiting battle with Izzo.

2 Likes
1 Like

Potentially implicating Self directly…

3 Likes

I feel like ku under self more so than any school has came from no where in recruitments to ultimately land kids

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

https://sports.yahoo.com/fake-affairs-charger-driving-great-grandmas-300k-expense-accounts-inside-routine-day-hoops-trial-012320618.html

2 Likes