College basketball corruption charges

You’re right on that. How that is acceptable makes no sense. I don’t know the exact rules but what would stop them then from starting AAU teams based around one star and then ‘hire’ parents of other players to ‘run’ the program. Could do that every single year starting with the best 14U kids (or younger).

Happy “Miles Bridges Got Paid” Day to you all

9 Likes

Breathed a sigh of relief when Austin Davis wasn’t on the list

19 Likes

Dick Vitale is going to have a heart attack reading that article.

14 Likes

So what happens to Bridges? Does he still get to play the rest of the season?

I didn’t see Spike on that list ???

3 Likes

Here’s a completely hypothetical question. What if a school like MSU were to say get into the tourney and not play Bridges because of this. If they somehow won it all and later it was found that they played ineligible players during the regular season would that take away a banner? Or would they keep it because the ineligible player never played in the tournament? I would assume they would still have it taken away but maybe I’m wrong?

3 Likes

Gotta believe that Bridges has about played his last game at MSU… also this means that MSU’s chances for a title are all but gone

2 Likes

Or will MSU and Izzo stonewall ?

1 Like

The Bridges thing here still doesn’t make much sense to me. So he knew he was getting paid and chose to come back to school? Unless there’s additional reports that will come out and him/his family received ALOT more than a few hundred dollars. Or the alternative is his mom was receiving payments and Bridges didn’t know? In that case, Id feel pretty terrible for the kid.

I don’t know the details (probably much smaller payout than NBA salary) but Bridges does have a maximum allowed insurance policy paid for by MSU.

If Bridges is done then he can sign with an agent, shoe company, etc. Maybe that would be best for him and his family.

Exactly two people are going to come out of this clean: JB, because he is JB, and Lavar Ball because he wanted allllll of the shoe money. An unlikely partnership? JBBBB has a ring to it.

3 Likes

I will be shocked if Bridges doesn’t play every MSU game this year. Probably the only thing that would stop him from suiting up would be being in jail.

7 Likes

Yeah Bridges is going to play. Silly to think otherwise. What came out about Bridges so far is nothing. He would get in little trouble and MSU definitely wouldn’t. I’m guessing there’s a whole lot more out there though.

1 Like

FBI looking into his mother and some cash

Mom of MSU star Miles Bridges allegedly got cash from agent, report claims

The NCAA will 100% vacate any wins Bridges participated in based on what has already been released. Punishments beyond that I would be uncertain about. Depending on how foolproof the documents are linking the agent interactions, Bridges could be immediately ruled ineligible by the NCAA if they got hands on them.

This. I’m still in Believe-It-When-I-See-It mode.
Sparty already has the wagons circled and thinks the world’s out to get them.

4 Likes

I agree, think MSU will stonewall.

3 Likes