College Basketball 2024-25 Offseason Discussion

Weakens a fun conference in the MWC with fun rivalries and games, and the new one probably won’t be significantly stronger I wouldn’t think? WSU and OSU are horrible programs. I guess if they bring Memphis in it would maybe be better

1 Like

The same thing Eric asked me. My take: You are going to dilute both leagues significantly? And every gap is going to be filled with football as a first priority?

And basically, the MWC was awesome. And now it is never going to be the same.

Maybe I’m just a get off my lawn old guy though.

2 Likes

Aren’t they already signed up to join the WCC?

I don’t know!

Probably most likely is P12 just take more MWC teams I suppose. UNLV/Nevada, SJSU. Maybe Air Force?

Then MWC either ceases to exists or it just does to the WAC what it the P12 does to it. I don’t think it can really survive as an FBS football conference if it has much more taken, unless it convinces some of the FCS powers that way to try to move up

Both? I’m not sure the Pac 12 can possibly be diluted any more at this point.

Hopefully a couple more of the good MWC teams eventually go too so that it still feels like the MWC because that’s a fun league.

3 Likes

Sorry – I meant more that splitting the league in half is just two versions of a diluted MWC.

Oregon State/Wazzu don’t move the needle for me to elevate the MWC cast offs.

Maybe they take 4 more MWC teams or something and it’s just the MWC, but the timing feels off for that?

2 Likes

Maybe I am thinking of it wrong, but isn’t it essentially just taking some of the top mid-majors (MWC) and putting them all in one conference with Washington St and Oregon St? It dilutes the MWC yes, but makes the new PAC10 just a supped up even better MWC and could be a mid-major power conference?

Couldn’t it benefit the competitiveness of the schools to get more money, increase facilities, and get stronger hoops programs?

2 Likes

I think that depends on who is added. I think the Mouintain West worked. Half of the good teams playing with Oregon State/Washington State doesn’t move the needle for me.

The other half of the good teams in the MWC are going to be left with… fewer good teams to play against most likely.

Maybe the Pac10 will be awesome :man_shrugging:

Seems like the talk is about American schools like Memphis, UTSA, North Texas or something like that?

1 Like

I’m very surprised UNLV got left off… however if it helps us get Staton then I am happy!

Is the new P12 really going to be in a better position in football tv money than the American? Feels odd to me. I guess just by virtue of having a war chest of money and the ability to make a new deal now makes it better?

Kelvin Sampson!

https://x.com/TiptonEdits/status/1834308279800885651

Just filled out my 2025 poll. I got 36/50 last year

2 Likes

So does that put you in the “statistically significant” upper range of bracketologists :thinking:

1 Like

I’m statistically significant on the umhoops forum, and that’s enough for me!

But yeah, I’ll take the top ~25 or so. We’ll see how I do this year. Right off the bat, the 2nd pick KenPom’s tool asked me to make was Michigan vs. Indiana…

4 Likes

#KatzSzn :sob:

https://x.com/cbb_central/status/1834648849899569596?s=46&t=xsoD7F1QL4iGG_8kXTdpkw

WADE TAYLOR IS NOT A GOOD BASKETBALL PLAYER

How do people keep falling for his sham of being an elite player

That’s so bad

He’s a good player.

1 Like

Snubbing Jaden Akins is an atrocity.

1 Like

I recognize most of these names so the list must be good :slight_smile: