College Basketball 2024-25 Offseason Discussion

https://x.com/itsAntWright/status/1834754972694585477?t=j6VfRDiQzZzapt2_dJXwvw&s=19

Juwan Howard is an objectively better coach than Hubert Davis

1 Like

Grant Hughes really doesnā€™t think Matt Painter is a top 15 coach? Yikesā€¦.

3 Likes

Iā€™m puzzled by the inclusion of Musselman and Scheyer. IMO, neither has done enough to be ranked top 15. And echoing M_Wolve91, no Painter??? Why not?

1 Like

Jon Scheyer. LMAO

Thatā€™s definitely a list of coaches

Each of us probably has one name that looks pretty egregious (there are a few to me), but the one I cannot stop just asking myself on my interior monologue in increasingly incredulous tones is ā€œEric Musselman!?ā€

My top 5 in some order, ignoring any ethical concerns would be Hurley, Self, Oats, Painter, Sampson

2 Likes

thought the commentary around tarris was really interesting here

1 Like

Caleb Lohner plays fball for Utah!?! Former Mark Pope and Scott Drew legend!

He can get rolling.

Ranking Lipsey below him is silly though.

Watching this Georgia gameā€¦ if Silas Demary takes a jump, Asa Newell is as advertised, and Abson can make the jump in competition effectively then Georgia might be able to do some things

2 Likes

https://x.com/B1GMBBall/status/1836094980634394686?t=EcZ4KrRjdyVAmJRGf1tRag&s=19

We need some renos at Crisler to get in the top 10

This is #10?? Andy strikes again!

honestly it looks pretty cool from the outside. not in a way thatā€™s easily imitated, but still, unique and cool

I guess itā€™s been renovated or whatever, but the Welsh-Ryan Arena I visited 15 or so years ago with the Maize Rage wouldnā€™t be a top-5 high school gym Iā€™ve been in, much less a top 5 BIG arena.

2 Likes

While upgraded facilities are always welcome, Crisler beats Mackey and State Farm, IMO. I think we need a more rabid atmosphere (more fans, more vocal fans) to crack the top 10.

Yā€™all have seen Katz rank players, why are we taking his venue lists seriously? :joy:

3 Likes

Good point, my brain didnā€™t register the source. :joy:

I generally root for UCLA, but having been to Pauley a few times, other than the banners and awesome color combination the overall experience is very underwhelming. The building itself is very drab, and gameday atmosphere is so-so.

1 Like

Yeah, the museum was cool, the history is awesome, the weather is amazing (outdoor concourse!) but the environment the one time I was there was pretty poor considering how good the UCLA roster was.

(Also, no Nebraska is crazy.)

Well Katz is the best at lists. I donā€™t see Bardo or Davis coming up with lists. Put some respect on the Katz man.

1 Like