College Basketball 2024-25 Offseason Discussion

Yeah, just a guy who is going to have a huge year IMO and could play his way onto NBA/portal radars by next spring.

1 Like

We’re locked in!!!

2 Likes

going to be 4th year guy, so kind of in the bad area academically for UM transfers

He would presumably graduate this year:

2021-22: Freshman
2022-23: RS
2023-24: RS Soph
2024-25: RS Jr.

Obviously a looooong way off from being a relevant portal discussion, but I was just pointing him out because he’s a low-major kid who would make sense as a potential draft/portal guy to keep an eye on during the year.

He was awesome in the ASun tourney.

4 Likes

https://x.com/marchmadnessmbb/status/1833915673195724802?s=46&t=OMxEAgg62bsLI0mWenDZ7w

Dawson garcia being in the same positional bucket as Johnell Davis and Hunter Sallis. Sure.

not sure that’s worse than ranking Dawson Garcia above those guys on anything. Dawson Garcia being the 4th best wing in CBB definitely goes on the Andy Katz Mount Rushmore of Insane Rankings

4 Likes

That Swenson vs McCray shootout was legendary

It’s 12:51am and somehow I stumbled upon a podcast of a former Texas walk-on talking about his experience at Texas and basically saying Rodney Terry is a really slimy guy. College basketball never ends :rofl:

Hate this from a hoops standpoint.

https://x.com/BonaguraESPN/status/1834093041201901933

1 Like

The PAC 12 will rise again!!!

Niko is gonna dominate that conference

I thought the PAC 10 dismantled except for Oregon state and wash state

Correct! Read the story for more!

Why wouldn’t Washington state and Oregon state just join the mountain west lol

1 Like

Prestige of the Pac-12 name, I presume, although at this point is there really any prestige left? A conference of the two P12 leftovers plus Boise, CSU, Fresno, SDSU, and let’s posit…Memphis and Tulane. Does anyone really care about a league of those teams from a “brand” standpoint?

1 Like

Yeah I guess so. Just seems easier for those two to move to mountain west

I assume their hope would be the Pac12 name/prestige would bring them higher ratings and thus more TV money

2 Likes

Yeah that could be it

From the article:

The Pac-12 is expected to be in position to help the schools with the exit fees, in part, due to withheld media-rights distribution fees to departed members and other conference assets. The conference would also be subjected to $43 million in poaching fees, as outlined in the scheduling agreement between the conferences this year that resulted in Oregon State and Washington State playing six Mountain West opponents.

Also, the Pac-12 is operated by a private company that is in position to negotiate a rights deal…

Would you rather stick in the deal you have? Or take a stronger position in a new deal that will potentially (and probably?) fetch more money?

How exactly is this bad for hoops? It’ll be an even better version of MWC, no?

So the MWC is down to 7. Possible teams: NMSU, UTEP, Hawaii. Maybe some basketball only poaching of Grand Canyon