College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Name, Image and Likeness Discussion

What is funny about it?

Your favorite title “ sleeper” ?

Any team outside the top 8 you can see doing this?

This Memphis collapse has been spectacular.

2 Likes

Combine Juwan’s Xs and Os with Penny’s roster building and you might have a perennial tournament team

2 Likes

Might.

Characters

1 Like

Seems like Penny’s strategy is to just snap up any and everything and worry about how it works later.

3 Likes

Sounds better than ours!

It was a joke y’all :rofl:

Looks like poor Slick Rick might not make the tournament

https://twitter.com/DalyDoseOfHoops/status/1759377209125724650?t=X65NNl35oLE9VcZW-xwosA&s=19

I know everyone wanted those two Ivy League kids but they stink

https://x.com/cbb_central/status/1759379839759331634?s=46&t=xsoD7F1QL4iGG_8kXTdpkw

So St John’s and Arkansas are two obvious “all in on portal losers,” and I can think of Butler as a winner.

Who are some other good ones in both categories?

1 Like

Pitino also called most all of his players slow

Hard to call SJU a loser considering they’re a lot better than years previous and still 42nd on KP. But I get it. Interestingly Pitino is a guy that was all about building with upperclassman, so the portal could be tough for him. we’ll see

Memphis is another all in on portal loser

1 Like

guy trying to remember the name of oklahoma’s coach

6 Likes

also, goodness, that utah play. excited for another seven minutes of review before ucla gets their final .3 seconds

edit: i heard “bajema” like ten times before i even registered it could possibly be the same one

1 Like

They are better but it’s hard to argue that the two main portal adds are contributing to it

Their most functional players are the one holdover and the guy he brought from Iona

1 Like

West Virginia. Portal loser.

1 Like

Honestly though, Pitino also chose to keep the wrong guy in a sense too. Soriano just isn’t as good as his numbers and I feel like is part of their issues, I think he got benched for a long stretch.

And then having Storr hit the road.

2 Likes

It’s hard to call Kansas State a portal loser since Tylor Perry is the only thing separating them from total irrelevance but they were picked 6th and are currently 11th in the Big 12.

1 Like

Florida would be a winner but they also returned a couple of nice pieces.