College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

I think not having a point guard really helps and hurts Illinois in different ways.

They’ve been good offensively, but the whole thing just comes down to playing one-on-one. They don’t pass it well and as DMB points out have had issues because of not having a PG (like trying to initiate the offense running the exact same set they ran all game against MSU).

They don’t turn it over, but they don’t share the ball either. Playing one-on-one all the time is a good way to never turn it over.

OTOH, they have a PG that can crash the glass and they can do all of these different things too.

I just think the lack of a PG will be why they win most games, but also why they eventually lose a game that upsets everyone.

2 Likes

These are the two teams I put futures bets down on in January…

Not even sure if I got that good of value but Illinois at 50/1 now down to 35/1. Abuurn at 30/1 now down to 16/1.

2 Likes

I did as well! I’d say those are definitely the best values you were possibly going to get on those two at that time. I got a little better odds on Auburn, but worse on Illinois.
The only other future I have is Arizona, placed right after Caleb signed, to hedge my emotions in the moment (Tucson is a second home for me).

I’m basically just expecting all three teams to be in the same region now :rofl:

1 Like

If you told me Max Abmas would just transport his game to Texas intact I’d have thought they’d be way better

It would help if Tyrese Hunter could stop constantly turning it over

1 Like

Iowa St putting the boots to Texas Tech. In Otz we trust.

1 Like

Who is footing the $17 million buyout? Time to put that dream to bed

1 Like

Watching Houston just physically overwhelm clubs is something, when they’re clicking it looks like varsity vs JV

1 Like

Come on Dylan post your picks in the gambling thread for the degenerates to tail!!

EDIT: Upon further review Dylan posted them and I didn’t tail. Gonna go cry in the corner now.

I think it sucks that we can’t have Otz. It really sucks.

3 Likes

I will never give up the dream

Tyler Kolek when the other team has a good guard:

4 Likes

Where is said post??

UConn Marquette getting a little chippy down the stretch. Love it.

@kcg Okay what is Pikiell doing in Virginia

2 Likes

Not sure why you’re surprised…that is peak Tony Bennett.

4 Likes

Oh I’m not shocked, it’s just funny to me no matter how many times it happens

1 Like

In the gambling thread

Always the way it works

Kentucky is getting spicy.

I hate to play UConn when brackets come out, cause everyone will, but I’m not sure you can bet against them.

1 Like

Raise your hand if you had Kentucky holding Auburn well below 1 ppp at Auburn

1 Like