College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

Wvu was never supposed to be good. All their good portal adds left with Huggy

The Tomlin thing definitely hurt them too. They are a good example that hitting the portal once doesn’t automatically mean you will hit it the next time.

High risk high reward game.

Villanova is another loser in the sense that they got a bunch of awesome expensive gets and an expensive bad get and none have worked out.

2 Likes

https://x.com/mjdemarinis/status/1759383548685897777?s=46&t=OMxEAgg62bsLI0mWenDZ7w

Man why would these seniors even bother with the rest of the season?

1 Like

Real disappointing season for the (Jordan) Dingle-berrries on here

https://twitter.com/CBBonFOX/status/1759378114688245781?t=5c3axaetCDgnFUAqeYNLxQ&s=19

I don’t know what they called, but that is an easy F2 for me.

Would easily start for us!

1 Like

Ejected F2

1 Like

whispers the pieces might be ok but if the puzzle assembler can’t do anything with them once he gets them, good luck

2 Likes

Good reminder for me personally that we are one “best case scenario, Juwan is back with an Ivy League grad transfer PG and we’re back in the tournament!” post away from me backpacking for two calendar years with no essentials

2 Likes

He called out five different dudes and you are throwing shade at Jordan Dingle even though he didn’t get called out!

1 Like

I would say Arizona hit on their portal guys. Love, Johnson, and Bradley.

2 Likes

They really need to give out Transfer of the Year awards, transfer coach, first team all transfer, etc

Would be fascinating

5 Likes

I really thought St. John’s would be a tourney team. Great coach and lots of talent that I thought was spread out and would fit.

I will say it’s interesting how Rick Pitino (better coach than Beilein) can take a more talented and better team (than this current Michigan team) and probably end up missing the tournament and then some fans will swear Beilein could take our current team to 2nd in the B1G Ten! :man_facepalming:

(monthly Ant Wright rant post, lol sorry)

3 Likes

Hey I’m just busting chops here

In all seriousness, I find the “can Ivy League guys play in the big divisions” question perplexing. Dingle really seemed like a no brainer - I was skeptical on Ledlum who just seemed like he was out athleticism-ing guys, and that wouldn’t work as well. On the other hand, Langborg obviously has short-comings but has managed to be a really effective offensive player and is basically just posting his three-year Princeton average at Northwestern

Further point probably just if you’re doing a microwave portal team, its going to be hit or miss, and you’re always better off fitting 1 or 2 portal guys as sattelites orbiting a pretty established system (Lance Jones at Purdue, Mike Smith when he came here, even Ingram/Ryan at UNC who fit next to a pretty established duo)

Very well. I retract my statement turnip.

They spent a ton of money on Battle, Edwards and Kriisa right?

Definitely “good adds” but obviously injuries, waivers, suspensions and the coach getting fired all played a part there in them sucking.

1 Like

yeah they did, but they were in the situation of what Michigan will be in this offseason, where they need 5-6 guys. 3 wasn’t enough

3 Likes

Been a good conversation to set expectations for next szn. Michigan is not making the dance with a whole new team regardless of coach. Probably two rebuilding years and shoot for a bid in 2026-27

2 Likes