College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

We could use elmarko

Detroit Mercy finally got their first win of the season: Detroit Mercy 81-66 IUPUI (Feb 14, 2024) Final Score - ESPN

2 Likes

I absolutely love the single individual fan storming the court. The question is, if we beat MSU will @DMB43 do the same??

4 Likes
1 Like

Thought experiment: currently, the one and two seeds in bracket matrix are: Purdue, UConn, Houston, Zona, Tennessee, UNC, Marquette, and Kansas. If you had to pick a team from outside those 8 to win it all, who are you going with and why?

2 Likes

Auburn. Love their defense and their offense LOL

Auburn is one of 2 teams hitting Kenpoms “top ten in offense and defense” test

my daaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrk horse would be UNC

I’m sure that I’m the last person on this site to find it but the Three Man Weave podcast is terrific.

3 Likes

Illinois. In a series of two-game tournaments I think TSJ can take over. I’m totally ignoring the fact that they really don’t have a point guard. Neg away.

1 Like

Sadly, the depth of despair that this Michigan team has put my fandom in has made it hard for me to care much about college basketball in general. I usually have a rough idea of who outside the B10 is doing well and this year that’s not the case.

8 Likes

My 2 have already been discussed with Auburn and Illinois. I’d also include Baylor, though I haven’t paid attention to their injury news of late.

I’m low key rooting for a UNC run, led by Cormac Ryan having a magical tourney performance that John Beilein always knew was possible.

What about how Illinois plays suggests they need a point guard other than what they have

Their offense is awesome

They lose when they hack the shid out of everyone

2 Likes

I have a future on UNC that I got when they were +3000 so I would approve of this result

https://x.com/tjeckertktul/status/1758282378399859195?s=46&t=9MMrM6gOVy1pXVWIuEkHnw

2 Likes

Post entry passes from halfcourt being intercepted by Hoggard/Walker like 20 times in a row :rofl: they struggled with the pressure

1 Like

:joy:They had 9 turnovers :joy:

They scored 1.15 ppp

But yeah they lost because of a pg

:joy::joy:

Next year Sincere Harris and Ty Rodgers run the show

I was joking, but did you not see how the game ended? They basically couldn’t get into sets because Domask couldn’t handle the pressure great

They don’t need a PG, they need someone to be able to handle pressure in late games because it doesn’t look like their defense is gonna step up

2 Likes

I mean they turned it over 3 times in the final 7+ minutes. More than the TO’s allowing breakaway layups off of everything including made baskets seemed like a problem

They lost because they allowed points at Michigan levels

https://x.com/hoopvision68/status/1758210974509650170?s=46&t=9MMrM6gOVy1pXVWIuEkHnw