College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

Gonzaga should be required to build a Big 12 football program

6 Likes

Either that or other teams should be allowed to tackle their basketball players.

Is it just or is Temple absolutely screwed in this league? Gonna be tough to keep local guys home when that means all these trips to Florida/Texas. Especially compared to what St. Joe’s and La Salle can offer. Even Drexel.

Who’s this guy on Defend the Block Today

9 Likes

https://www.si.com/college/2023/10/10/kansas-basketball-infractions-ruling-delivered-wednesday

10+5 model is a new one :thinking:

1 Like

Caleb Love is on the second team. He was briefly committed to Michigan

2 Likes

For the degens over the next month:

1 Like

NCAA: “We’re very disappointed in you. Don’t do it again. Moving on…”

McDermott with big vibes on Nova.

Am I the only one who doesn’t get the Kansas love? I’d probably slot them in as more of a top 10 team than #1.

The roster is kinda clunky on offense with a Dickinson/Adams front court and pretty limited shooting upside outside of Timberlake. Defensively they’ll be solid, but I think depth and shooting are some concerns that I’d fade them as more of a top 10 team than clear #1

The floor with Kansas is just so damn high. Bill Self teams are either very good or great.

DaJuan Harris is a really good PG and I’m pretty into Furphy and Timberlake as complementary pieces too. Add in a potential NBA talent in Elmarko, a couple of experienced two-way guys in Adams/McCullar… Pretty useful roster.

3 Likes

I think you’re severely underrating Harris. 4th year playing 5th in the program and started for their national title team 29mpg.

1 Like

No major punishment for KU for the FBI stuff. Shocker.

https://www.si.com/college/2023/10/11/kansas-infractions-ruling-bill-self-minor-penalties

Still not sure how Oklahoma State was the only school that got severely punished.

4 Likes

Bill Self managed to openly cheat and bring in a player who well you know what and faces no consequences is wild

1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like

It’s so funny that they announce this stuff so that it elbows out previews and media day stuff and things that get people excited for the product. Just do it in like July.

We all knew this is exactly what would happen. Duke, Kansas, Kentucky can do whatever they want. The NCAA would never do anything to those programs.

2 Likes