College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

I read one riggity rumor that was about what you’d expect

1 Like

Well at least the Tez Walker SNAFU clears everything up so that all parties int he future will know precisely what is and is not permissable.

Pretty notable loss for Florida when that game rolls around in December.

2 Likes

Kinda shocked Kenpom only got 700 people to participate in his poll thing

Feel like it was a pretty niche thing. How many people pay for KenPom and are on there all offseason looking for a link or saw the couple of tweets about it?

1 Like

I just feel like I saw a lot of national accounts with enormous followings promote it because they loved the idea. Was expecting more from that but I guess if you had to be a KP subscriber to do it that’s a blocker

Not surprised at all. Getting participation on a super niche survey with a huge number of Q’s is really difficult. Think he might consider doing far fewer matchups per user.

E.g. I’m a pretty well informed consumer and long time subscriber but I didn’t fill it out bc I felt I had no clue on most of them.

1 Like

People promoting it without a doubt but yeah, it still took a lot of work as far as having KenPom, researching a bunch of matchups, figuring out how to find it on the site (wasn’t that hard), etc.

Not sure what a “good” number is but 700ish seems like a decent enough sample.

For the record, same. I got through 10 of the 50 then realized for the other 40 I was literally just taking the team kenpom himself had ranked higher and the whole thing felt pointless

Yeah I did like 2 and then just never had time to put actual effort in it besides looking at the Torvik projections

2 Likes

KenPom isn’t out yet though, right?

Purdue 3rd, MSU 7th, Indiana 26th, Illinois 28th

2 Likes

Pretty clear the major new stratagem is get the state Attorney General involved. Maybe they consulted w UofTennessee, which used same strategy to retain bowl eligibility this year.

1 Like

Still getting used to the new format Big 12 and AAC. This list is quite something:

1 Like

Gregg Glenn vs Isaiah Barnes for the AAC chip will be awesome

7 Likes

Are they going to add a football team?

Gonzaga would be added for all sports, except obviously football which they don’t have a team. The hope is that the Big 12 can spin off hoops rights separately.

All of this is in the article, check it out!

I guess it’s been forever since they’ve been a factor but I still find it weird that Temple is a big nothing.

1 Like