College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

Northeastern up 10-4 early on Monmouth

Monmouth up 25 with 3 minutes left that should do it

https://x.com/h_dickinson24/status/1744571267812921524?s=46&t=9MMrM6gOVy1pXVWIuEkHnw

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/goodmanhoops/status/1744573541654175845?s=46&t=Gn89nBdrjmcdumi_2CEqew

I mean I get that we’re in an awful spot and criticism is warranted, but Goodman is such a tool. Roasts Juwan, gets called out, apologizes, then continues to hate on him every day.

15 Likes

What a loser

12 Likes

So the last school to win a championship in both Football and Basketball in the same calendar year was 2007? Looks like we got the easy part done, and now all we need is to figure out how to do the rest.

Obviously, Dug is going to get back to All American status, but as Dylan is looking for, he won’t do it on shot making alone. We need dug to somehow nail every 25ft pass he insists on making while also giving up some of those floaters he loves and usually makes to create an even better and more cohesive offensive unit than a currently top 30 kenpom offense already is.

We’ve all seen Howard Eisley turn struggling guards into big 10 capable starters and turn Mike Smith and senior Simpson into leaders of legit contenders, so we will take Dugs improvement as a given.

The tough stuff happens on defense. We don’t have guard depth and we don’t have wings at all, so there’s no easy solution here. However, once Reed shifts to the 3, we will find a way to make a Butler-esque run to the championship game, A 2018 style run to the natty finishes with Maize and Blue confetti.

3 Likes

dreem is dreemin’ :fire:

1 Like

Dylan called you the optimistic poster after my most pessimistic take on Michigan sports I’ve ever had, had to get back in the game.

What is in your cheeks, Jeff?

1 Like

He’s a real POS. I follow Field of 68 pretty closely because I really enjoy their content (shoutout to @buckets12!) but Goodman just lets his personal vendettas and feelings towards people color every perception he has and it’s so unprofessional and pathetic. I like that guy? He must be a good coach. I don’t like that guy? He must be an awful coach. He’s really an embarrassment to his profession. I hate that to get Hummel content I have to suffer through Goodman.

11 Likes

That really is extraordinarily petty.

1 Like

who is the Nick Saban of hoops? Self?

2 Likes

Nobody active i think compares

If I must choose it’s probably Pitino?

(No scratch that you’re right probably Self)

Fred Hoiberg. Both tried to do it in the pros and failed.

3 Likes

fran mccaffery (MICH’s second-to-last win)

3 Likes

Leonard Hamilton. Looks old, but doesn’t look as old as he really is.

1 Like

It would have been coach K. Long time stalwart in the sport who consistently won and was a feature every year while being insufferable most of the time. Also used every trick in the book to get players on his team whether they were in the rules or not

3 Likes

There’s no Saban. But those answers are all excellent, save for Self.

1 Like

Coach K was Saban, Self is the new Saban circa like 2015

4 Likes

Exactly this.

Both are great coaches, but are elevated by the fact that they didn’t have to follow a single recruiting rule.

Hunter going to be 0-2 at UCF???