College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

https://x.com/robdauster/status/1743108653408755736?s=46&t=OMxEAgg62bsLI0mWenDZ7w

1 Like

When Clignan comes back, UConn could be very tough.

Florida is decent. Makes that loss burn so much more.

Big win for Seton Hall over Marquette

Kentucky is so dang lucky they didn’t land Hunter. MASSIVE bullet dodged

Kansas’ defense is just not that great today

Offense is fantastic

Incredible by Hunter :joy:

It’s just wild to me that Kansas only has 4 guys that can play

I thought refs were not supposed to whistle the play dead just because a guy hits the floor without a foul call

I cannot believe Hunter got rewarded for that makes me sick lol

1 Like

TCU robbed

Horrible call

Can’t believe the refs would call a flagrant there, they just handed the game to Kansas

1 Like

Would it be safe to say Hunter and Kansas stole this game

1 Like

Hunter sold a whistle, whatever

Horrible job by the refs

“College basketball at its best” says Bill Raftery

Uhhhhh…really?

:expressionless:

Is Xaivian Lee the next mid-major March Madness legend?? I could see him in the Ja, Abmas, McCollum, etc range if Princeton wins a few in tournament again

I can see why they decided on a flagrant 1 call. The contact was “not warranted by the circumstances of the play”, which is part of the textbook definition of a flagrant act. There was no reason for the TCU player to swing his arm backwards the way he did after securing the ball. I’m surprised the TV guys didn’t examine this in any depth. They all tend to fall back on the “basketball play” criteria, but there is far more than that to the decision.

I didn’t like them stopping play. Play should only be stopped if there’s a chance of the player being injured further. You can always argue that any hit to the head creates further injury potential if not addressed immediately, which may be what the official was thinking. But honestly, that was quite a sell job by Hunter that resulted in play being stopped.

UCLA… woof. That international crop is not living up to the hype at all.

Feel like it takes most international players at least a year to adjust. Even some really good ones.

That’s why it’s good we got Aaliya in early, so he’s ready to go next year.

2 Likes

https://x.com/jonrothstein/status/1744494864782213628?s=46&t=9MMrM6gOVy1pXVWIuEkHnw

It’s corny, but I love this bit he does :rofl:

1 Like