College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

1 Like

could you BE any more flattered?

Been working on the preview today, and Florida is a legitimately weird team. Pretty clearly haven’t played their best, but also not completely convinced that the pieces fit together.

This is a real similar spot for both teams. Last chance to get something of a statement win in non-conference play.

2 Likes

Handlogten transferred to UF only to be behind a freshman on the depth chart. maybe not the best decision for him

looking at their KP page they give me Roy Williams UNC vibes. 2 bigs that destroy the offensive glass for a team that can’t shoot but play uptempo

but they can go small with Kugel too so that’s scary as well

He’s been starting for them, FWIW.

Micah and Zyon both have artificially deflated minute numbers. Pullin from 3-game suspension, Micah from 2-game injury (and 2 basically DNPs where he saw the floor).

Handlogten has been a beast on the glass, but I’d say he’s more like a freshman at this stage.

1 Like

Would be the ultimate Ivy League transfer…

1 Like
1 Like

If Dug can use his WCAC connections… would be electric

3 Likes

I’m officially calling my shot here. Mike Boyton gets fired and Eric Dailey hits the portal and winds up being our “Nimari” portal recruit of 2024

3 Likes

I’d love that, he could be the 4 we need. but we seemed to not really recruit him the last year or so of his recruitment so not sure we’re tight with him like that.

1 Like

True. But we did recruit him the first 5 years of his recruitment it felt like :rofl:

4 Likes

It’s happening !!

5 Likes

https://x.com/southernmissmbb/status/1736918023565365414?s=46&t=aDh8NkT4I1bGjqImv_NXRw Think i need someone to explain Curbelo to me. I must be missing something. How was he so good and then so hyped and now basically vanished?

1 Like

I could’ve swore he went to Gonzaga

Also, what’s Omar Payne doing these days?

There’s the Curbelo on the court. And then there’s the Curbelo off the court. And then there’s the combination of both.

Curbelo seems to be the BBQ Sauce without any chicken

Andre “Explodes in Every Direction” Curbelo

Shrews loses to Citadel. Still some Shrews fans out there?

Probably.

Characters.

Total rebuild at a not easy to get upper class transfer school. Is what it is

3 Likes