College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

I’ve been looking at the schedules for our non conf opponents and, since when did the Columbia Broadcasting System have a basketball team?
Screenshot_79

Youngstown St lost by 10 @ Louisiana
Long Beach st lost by 5 @ Portland
McNeese St won @ VCU

Is Zeb still there?

Yep! Ate up 32.2% of possessions :open_mouth: and shot 2-12 from three.

Didn’t watch any Kansas, but Dajuan Harris putting up a 154 ORtg taking ZERO shots in 25 minutes is impressive.

VCU is going to be bad if Zeb is sucking up that many possessions.

Pulled this from CBSHoops.com -

“As we eye the 2023-2024 college basketball season, the Oculars welcomes back some old faces and introduces some impact transfers. Last year’s team MVP Jim Nantz has moved on, so the focus immediately turns to Ian Eagle, who has quietly put together an impressive all-around resume after averaging 12.2 points, 5.3 assists, and 4.3 rebounds last season. Former Duke star, Grant Hill, transfers in for his super super super duper senior season and should have an immediate impact…”

I wonder if mcneese sat back in a zone. I have no idea why Zeb would take 12 threes otherwise. Would also explain his 52% AST rate. Which combined with his USG means he was doing everything for vcu

1 Like

Wade’s whole thing at LSU was switching man to man and zone looks. His 2022 team had an awesome defense doing that.

The difference between the 21 and 22 LSU teams needs to be studied by a group of scientists

4 Likes

Cam, Javonte, and Watford were 100% “Ima get mine” guys

1 Like

I’m not sure I get starting Elmarko over Timberlake. It seems like a high-volume 40%+ three point shooter is something that lineup could use.

2 Likes

The Athletic Ed Cooley piece today mentions a job he was highly interested in 4 years ago, then changed his mind in part due to advice from mark fox. I assume that was Michigan.

Mark Fox of Georgia and California “fame”? Curious what his connection to Michigan would be.

“Berkeley rules, Ann Arbor droolz!!”

He took advice from Mark Fox? THE Mark Fox? The Mark Fox as in two (2) trips to the NCAA MBT (never getting past the first round) in 13 combined seasons with Georgia and Cal? It couldn’t be advice based on going to a “football first” school (Georgia) or based on cr-azy housing prices (Berkeley), could it?

I’m actually curious what his advice was based upon.

This narrative that he turned down Michigan is still out there, eh? No one in their right mind would choose to stay at Providence over going to Michigan if it was actually on the table

7 Likes

Make Trilly Donovan say no

Not saying that he was offered, just that he backed out

I know, but if he “backed out” and then Michigan offered him the job, he would have “backed” right back in.

4 Likes

i also backed out of consideration. wasn’t the right time for me

2 Likes