College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

Yeah, Hunter consistently dominated against lesser opponents.

1 Like

He dominated a ton of really good opponents, too.

6 Likes

Usually he sleep walks the first half of the season though

He had 22 and 12 and then 31 and 7 the first two games last year. :man_shrugging:

I get there are frustrations with maybe how he came through in certain matchups, or the lack of flexibility gameplanning, but I also feel like people routinely took for granted how productive he could be offensively in 90% of matchups.

10 Likes

HD is going to ball out at Kansas. Let’s not kid ourselves. The face of our program left. There were just many who didn’t like that he was the face of our program, which is totally fair.

3 Likes

In a massive 5 point win against EMU :rofl:

(just let me be petty!)

1 Like

Yes, but the question is how that translates in a half dozen incredibly high-leverage situations this season.

He’s playing with a ton of really good players, he’s going to be productive, no doubt about that.

Isaiah Barnes has more points this season than the entire Michigan team combined. Let that sink in

2 Likes

It’s sunk in

1 Like

Maybe I’m missing the “question“, but doesn’t the second statement you make mitigate that question a bit?

It does a bit – but the tradeoff with Dickinson is that you lose defensive flexibility, you lose a big part of “who you are” if he runs into a defensive scheme and player that can really stonewall him, and it can create issues.

I’m not surprised Hunter is playing well.

I’m surprised it was like 24-6 and Hunter had 15 and 3 and 3 with 3 threes already in the first ten minutes haha.

Notably he has been much quieter since (in a very good game overall still)

3 Likes

Him getting up a lot more 3’s would be surprising if I hadn’t seen their spacing in the ILL game

Getting punked by Illinois and then going off in the first game of the year is incredibly on script.

5 Likes

This was really my only viewing interest, as I had the over at 0.5 3PM. I’ll take the over on that in every game this season for him.

Isaiah collier looks great

2 Likes

Probably the best freshman in the country this year, right?

3 Likes

https://x.com/thefieldof68/status/1721721398698135757?s=46&t=9MMrM6gOVy1pXVWIuEkHnw

Must watch

1 Like

If we were not playing an opponent with a big mashing center, Hunter was generally really really good. And there weren’t many of those guys.

1 Like

Jaden Schutt logging DNPs for Duke :sob: