College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

It still exists but sounds like all the 8 teamers are on the way out after this year

1 Like

I notice Arcrisure sponsors 3 different tournaments at the same time Nov 26-29 and a possible 4th event.

If the point of sportswashing is to make me feel better about oppressive Middle Eastern governments, it is not succeeding. I am not thrilled that their money is invading sports now.

2 Likes

I am going to be really sad if I never get to go to a Maui Invitational with Michigan in it. Ugh

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1790423204655235352

Just a quick follow up to @BigBoutros question earlier. Why?

4 Likes

Also it is very funny that he is going to continue doing his daily radio show. This is not a serious hire for GB. What is the thinking behind this?

Who is Doug Gottlieb?

1 Like

He was a standout point guard at Notre Dame before working in media for the past two decades - at ESPN, CBS and now at FOX, hosting his own daily radio show.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/2ndChancePoints/status/1790424898591932596

3 Likes

I feel bad for all seven UW-Green Bay fans in existence (I assume @DMB43 is one of them – sorry, bro). What a braindead hire. And of course fellow loudmouth Jeff Goodman is pumping it up.

1 Like

Shitty talk radio host who played at Oklahoma State. Got kicked out of Notre Dame for stealing credit cards.

7 Likes

Wait so has he ever coached before?

Not AFAIK. Just thinks that he would be good at it.

2 Likes

Huh? How’d he get a job then :rofl:

This appears to be his entire coaching CV:

Coaching[edit]

Along with then-University of Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl, Gottlieb helped coach the United States team at the 2009 Maccabiah Games. He coached Team USA in basketball at the 2017 Maccabiah Games, winning a gold medal as the USA defeated France in the final in Jerusalem.[19] He had formerly won a gold medal at the Maccabiah Games as a player, but said “It is more special to win as a coach.”[19]

I think he’s coached his kids AAU teams?

2 Likes

Love how he’s touted as a Notre Dame guy when he got kicked out of school there and finished school at OK St

2 Likes

Also the word standout…

He piled up a lot of assists but literally could not shoot the basketball.

24% from 3 on 204 career attempts!

Keeping his daily radio show is wild. He has to travel to games and recruit! and ya know, literally everything else about being a cbb head coach

5 Likes