College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

is the show going to focus on his failures as a coach in comparison to his brother?

4 Likes

I was getting my son fitted for a tuxedo and who walks in but Seth Towns. I asked him if he almost came to Michigan and he said “this close” when Bacari was recruiting him. He says we’re getting a good one in Roddy. He’s looking to play overseas, I guess his eligibility finally ran out!

Not sure if this is appropriate for the forum but was fun to run into a name I heard years ago.

28 Likes

This seems like a direct transfer from coach to NIL to player. Is that a line being crossed? I know there are no lines anymore but if there were any I would think that might be it. But I’m in favor, tbh. No problem of Hurley wants to pay his players.

This is a brilliant idea. The only problem is that no one will want to watch (let alone produce) a reality show about Bobby Hurley.

2 Likes

Let’s bring in Larsa Pipen and the Kardashians?

1 Like

I’m not clear where players are getting paid here?

Not to mention what does it mean for a person who is so dislikable that you just can’t use the word “like” in the same sentence even with the right prefix

I read ‘increase the visibility’ as a euphemism and can’t think why else he would do it.

An alternative, I suppose, is ego is even greater than I would have guessed, which doesn’t seem very likely or polite!

“major Hollywood producers”

2 Likes

I think “increase the visibility” means just that - the idea that players will say “Oh I want to play for the team on TV”

And donors will say “oh, maybe I’ll give some money to the team on TV”

Or maybe advertisers will say “oh people really like that kid from the tv show, maybe they can help me sell more chicken nuggies”

Then they look at Bobby Hurley and go, “Nah.”

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1784976225783730207?t=biuavi8TuhtfFkHLODF28A

:exploding_head:

16 years old, wow

Wouldn’t be possible if Hurley wasn’t leveraging his personal NIL

10 Likes

He’s going to love playing for an NIT championship.

I think there’s like maybe 1 guy turning 17 the year they first play CBB every year? Boswell was that 2 years ago. That’s a bad idea to begin with and combining that with Bobby Hurley seems completely doomed.

4 Likes

Jayden should be a big commodity in the portal next season

1 Like

You are missing the chance to dunk on Kelsey instead of marveling at JQ’s age!

1 Like

PK has done a fine job since his hire. I am taking a break from PK slander

HOWEVER

pre-Dusty Mich projection: 180

Mich today: 20

pre-Kelsey Louisville projection: 190

Louisville today: 91

:thinking:

he dropped 800k on Chucky fkng Hepburn

:thinking:

11 Likes

https://twitter.com/HarperNation24/status/1785007481397104713