College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

If anything showing more tape hurts your draft stock, lol

2 Likes

yeah that and being a year older pretty much always make being drafted harder, not easier

1 Like

Right, but everyone else get that extra year AND can play. Ivy players get that extra year and CAN’T play. It isn’t the NCAAs fault, its the Ivy schools for canceling. I see why Ivy players think its bs

They aren’t getting an extra year. That COVID year just didn’t count.

1 Like

but it didn’t count for anyone else and they could still hoop

But no one else got an extra year of actual basketball with crowds, etc. It’s not an “extra year”.

They didn’t play the year that didn’t count.

1 Like

freshmen who started in 21-22 also got four, despite many of their teammates getting five. 20-21 didn’t count against their eligibility, but they couldn’t hoop during that year. so it goes.

1 Like

Ivy guys are playing one less season of bball than everyone else in their class, no?

Hunter gets 5 seasons of hooping
Ledlum gets 4 seasons of hooping

I don’t get how you can say no one got an extra year?

Hunter gets 4 seasons plus the year that didn’t count.

His year that didn’t count also had a one month pause in the middle.

Some kids only played conference games that year.

Howard played five games.

Maine played nine.

Ivy Leagues played zero.

It wasn’t a real year according to the rules. It doesn’t mean everyone gets an extra year because they were alive that year.

3 Likes

I guess I just completely disagree with that way of thinking lol

1 Like

That’s literally what the rule says. The rule was put in place so people would still play that year instead of opting out and saving the year.

I’m aware that’s what the rule says. I just think its a bad rule because its unfair to Ivy league guys imo

I’m trying to argue against the rule:

1 Like

It seems like the case would be stronger if the defendant was the Ivy League and they sought damages (money) not eligibility. The NCAA didn’t stop them from playing, it was the league, so if you want to blame someone for that, it’s the league

4 Likes

Or sue Penn/Harvard

They got the money, they’d probably write a check to avoid the news story

The funniest part here is Ledlum suing for the right to play for a guy who just called him out by name for being a slow-footed klutz

1 Like

https://x.com/h_dickinson24/status/1783926465123262960?s=46&t=SywsRwjImAPP0DFzyXGjwg

1 Like

I’m so over Hunter.

1 Like

The nature of the tweet makes it seem as though he really hadn’t thought about it that much, so when Coach Self texts him and says, “Hey, ya comin’ back?”, Hunter thinks for about ten seconds and says, “Sure, why not?”

I find these comments funny in the way that he was always this way. He didn’t just change but when Michigan had success fans loved the shtick. He hasn’t changed. Ironically his coach failed him and that’s why he left.

1 Like

Who failed him last year?

6 Likes

I find it funny that the best team that Hunter has ever been on is also the team he played the lowest %Min on. (didn’t mean for this to be a reply to BurgerBoy)

1 Like