College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

Just not really mnany great players.

Cleveland has never won anywhere he’s been. Everyone hyped Poplar up to be a pro and he isn’t anything close. Pack has had some injuries. The George kid is really young.

Even when they were awesome, they weren’t as good as perceived.

Kenny Payne was terrible. Just awful.

https://x.com/ryancassidycbb/status/1768067614264226142?s=46&t=9MMrM6gOVy1pXVWIuEkHnw

2 Likes

Cooley is the worst and it’s incredibly funny he got beat three times by his former team after he went portaling w a huge bag and built a total stinker.

That quote he gave that he recruited everybody at Providence that Brando happily passed along was sooooo cope I love it.

4 Likes

3-28 (0-20 in the Big East) is up 2 with the ball against bubble team Villanova with 37 seconds left. This would be a crazy upset.

Funny enough, the last time DePaul finished winless in the Big East (0-18 in 2009) they won their opening Big East tournament game against bubble team Cincinnati.

1 Like

@Diesmitty do you need a hug? :disappointed_relieved:

Good to see something go right for Villanova for once. They’ve been down so long.

2 Likes

Now that’s how you DePaul

2 Likes

Hah, if I got upset when DePaul loses I would have been committed 15 years ago.

Michigan will always be the more painful loss. But since you brought it up, here are some amazing combined stats from my 2 favorite college basketball teams this year:

• 11-53 record
  • 3-39 conference record
  • 1-30 record since January 16th
  • 27 of the 30 losses since January 16th were by double digits and 29 of the 30 losses by 8+ points.

What a banner year!

5 Likes

If it wasn’t clear when Jose Perez left mid-season to play in the DR.

Arizona State has quit on the year :rofl:

Montana State… Welcome to Dayton!

1 Like

Talking myself into getting on the Montana St spread bc that Olmsted kid hasn’t played all year and their other deep bench guys are brutal.

Love Cooley

https://twitter.com/LukeDeCock/status/1768103816208007473

:rofl:

5 Likes

I learned last night watching that game that Montana’s head coach (who seems largely successful there?) was the Montana State head coach’s high school coach. And the Montana State head coach’s GRANDFATHER was the Montana head coach’s high school coach.

And somehow all this took place…not in Montana (Seattle)!

3 Likes

Why so much Cooley venom?

They clearly weren’t able to get anyone worthwhile in the portal (and that was clear before the year) but that’s a lot of hate for the guy! Will be interesting to see if they can do a better job this year.

2 Likes

this board has had a shocking level of Cooley venom since the last coaching search. He seems fine as a coach? Fine as a guy? He’s fine! (please do not put me in the Kyle Neptune position on Ed Cooley, my hot take here is “he’s ok”)

1 Like

you and Romeo love cooley, got it

7 Likes

I’m indifferent on Cooley. Though I think this year he came across as a little too full of himself maybe and that turned people off considering he’s just…fine?

https://x.com/WinterSportsLaw/status/1768277342844015095?s=20

if um can just get to 2mil/yr nil(doable if they attack it), um can be very competitive with vast majority of programs