College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

From that article, this seems familiar:

“He had a proven track record of (recruiting), had a connection to the university, and I thought that was going to be a benefit,” Heird said of Payne. “Then from there, you look at some areas that you missed on, and I think they were unknowns for a first-time head coach. Do they have the ability to put a staff together and understand their strengths and weaknesses and put a staff around them that complements their strengths and weaknesses? I’ve used the term organizational leadership at times. And, you know, I think that’s a skill that you don’t just wake up and have it. … As a first-time athletic director, I struggle with it all the time. How do we manage a staff? How do we put staff in appropriate positions to be successful? How do we hold people accountable? How do we set expectations, all those things? … Kenny had never really been given that opportunity to manage a larger group of people. And I think there was there were times that it was difficult.”

But also, like, Payne often neglected to foul in situations where the other team lead and there wasn’t enough time for Louisville to get the ball back. That’s just gross incompetence of doing the job. I think Juwan is a pretty strong X&O coach, I’m not sure Payne had even seen the letters next to each other.

1 Like

Old friend Cole Bajema scored 22 for Utah.

3 Likes

Ed Cooley is an entire wagon built out of farts and anyone who says otherwise is one too

1 Like

What is Tim Brando saying?

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1768316435523371044?t=O9-_GrEO9nCbk3JcqFU1Sw&s=19

Isaiah almost dunked on some poor soul on ESPNU

2 Likes

Poor Toledo. How many times have they won the MAC regular season only to lose in the MAC Tourney?

EDIT: Wikipedia tells me they’ve won four straight regular season titles (and six of seven) yet have zero NCAA appearances to show for it. Brutal.

7 Likes

https://x.com/pikkitsports/status/1768346739008757933?s=46&t=9MMrM6gOVy1pXVWIuEkHnw

Wait that wasn’t Barnes was it

1 Like

No unfortunately :rofl:

1 Like

Tulsa down 3 with the ball and 11 seconds left here. Oh man they run a beautiful slob, but ECU fouls instantly to stop an open 3 attempt

I didn’t realize you had become a fan of Tulsa at large

With a Chicago legend like Isaiah at Tulsa, I’m surprised you’re not too

1 Like

**Oak Forest I think

2 Likes

Over 9 minutes in and Houston is up 16-0 on TCU

Me thinking about MSU making a run to the BTT semis and then ending up as the 8/9 in Houston’s region.

2 Likes

That’s mean.

Hunter got worse

and made Kansas worse

See ya, Wake Forest!

Steve Forbes: Portal Wizard, 0-4 on NCAA Tournament appearances at Wake.

But I might have spoken too soon!

Don’t look now but Wake is within 5!