College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

I am wildly fascinated to see what happens if any adversity strikes this Kansas project. There’s a seriously high floor at KU, though, to be fair.

I’m mostly just glad to never have to listen to his podcast again.

10 Likes

I second all of these thoughts. I could totally see them lose a fluky game and there be finger pointing about who’s getting shots. I could see their talent prompting them to more evenly distribute usage and Hunter wondering why he isn’t getting 15 shots per game. I could also see them destroy most opponents and everything comes up rosy.

I just know that Hunter is always going to make himself the center of attention and that…well…can be exhausting.

3 Likes

Oakland lost an exhibition to Walsh University tonight. I’m thinking that’s not a great sign.

1 Like

Did Rocket Watts give em 50 at least?

Kinda fun watching another fan base squirm when Hunter opens his mouth.

3 Likes

I’m dreaming of a world.

A world where Kansas is 12-15 with two weeks left in the season.

A world where Bill Self has to tell the media Hunter Dickinson “is no longer with the team” a week before the conference tournament

A world where Hunter signs on with TNT for their NCAAT coverage

A world where Hunter shows up to his first hit, the cameras are rolling and Hunter emerges live on TNT wearing handcuffs. The host says “Hunter what are you doing”

Hunter deadpans to the camera Jim Halpert-style:

“Bill Self had me in handcuffs all year long”

End scene

4 Likes

7 points on 3/8 shooting :joy:

1 Like

Seems like an incredibly bad idea for um with admission issues and Covid guys eligibility expiring(less good grad transfers).

There aren’t admissions issues. It is their own issues. Football knows how to vet transfers.

1 Like

Gotta figure this is about Fland. At least he’s not going to a big ten school.

2 Likes

There are still issues, whether the football team is able to vet better or not didn’t change that.

But the football calendar makes it WAY easier to manage then basketball so it’s not a fair comparison in that way either.

5 Likes

That’s was awesome!! But, I’m gonna go the opposite approach…

Kansas cake walks their way to an undefeated regular season

BDE Rock Chalk merch sales are through the roof

Hunter talks about how Barstool has had such a tremendous impact on his life and without Marty Mush he’d be flipping burgers

Bill Self gives Hunter a knapsack with cash during the game and evades all ncaa prosecution

Michigan sneaks into the tourney and goes on a Cinderella run

Kansas runs through their path and winds up in the natty against Michigan

Hunter drops 43 points and 25 rebounds and has Kansas up 2 with 5 seconds left on defense

Terrance Williams who is 0/9 from three on the night hits a game winning three pointer

Terrance Williams runs to half court and throws his arm straight down by his nuts and imitates Hunter’s signature celebration with precision

Mark Turgeon storms the court and tells Hunter he’s glad he never recruited him and makes sure to get into a brawl with Juwan

6 Likes

That is also a very fun scenario.

These fun scenarios are now forcing me to think about Doomsday though.

Tom Izzo finds himself in the National Championship game and the only thing that can stop him is….Hunter Dickinson

1 Like

The Myles Hinton situation probably never happens if it’s basketball

1 Like

This is the most realistic hilarious scenario but I hate both parties so much I can’t root for it lmao

I agree…that means that either Izzo or Hunter get a natty and both make me feel sick. Maybe I’d rather that he finds himself in a tournament game against Texas A&M and Julius Marble goes off for 40 and humiliates MSU. But let’s make it an early round upset instead of MSU being able to brag about another Final Four. Then after the game let’s actually see the media call out Izzo for the transfer portal rabbling and bring up Walker and Hauser while also asking Marble why he left and have him explain what a narcissistic tyrant Izzo is.

Okay…I’m getting too worked up about this and letting my Spygate anger come through…

:sob:

I’ve been a bit skeptical of the St. Mary’s over Gonzaga talk but this is a beat down:

Mahaney had 25 points on 13 shots.

To be fair, Hawaii might be terrible.

This confuses me. What were people saying…that he was a shoot first ball hog that had a ton of talent and was capable of going for 40 or going 2-24 in a game?

How does he then take that personally, by taking a ton of shots? Maybe if he got 20 assists and only took 5 shots?

Caleb is a good player, Lloyd runs good offense. I think he’ll have a good season. He’s not going to prove it in an exhibition game though.

He takes it “personally” because that’s the type of BS quote that everyone gets excited about in October. Just like quotes about Michigan taking being picked 11th or whatever.

Jaden Bradley’s line from last night is wildly mid though.