College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

That alone may just make the move to Peacock suddenly worth it.

11 Likes

I have zero faith in the NCAA holding the line here. My assumption is 60%+ of second transfers will end up getting waivers.

Bandaogo has 0 case. He already transferred once saying it was because of mental health. Can’t really pull that card twice

Sorry I just have 0 sympathy for Wes Miller here or frankly the players. If they thought for sure they were getting waivers then they did not get good advice

5 Likes

We officially have this year’s Point of Emphasis for early-season play.

Expect at on of block calls in November… probably not in February in the Kohl Center, but we’ll see.

2 Likes

Sheesh.

4 Likes

Don’t like that.

Jelly diss or Jaden Bradley?

Jelly, IMO.

1 Like

I grew up watching the Jelly Mixtapes and now I’m a college sophomore and Jahvon literally plays Michigan this season… maybe he deserves a diss :rofl: (jokes)

Haven’t looked at the rankings but seems like a lot of teams will follow this model moving forward (including Michigan).

1 Like

Need the vomit emoji for this. :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

I can’t wait for Boeheim to break down the intricacies of a man-to-man defense. Sounds like a great time!

4 Likes

I, for one, am just glad he will have a permanent soap box to stand on now.

1 Like

Seems like Nate Oats was really salty today - the dig at Quinerly, complaining about pre-season polls etc

I am wildly fascinated to see what happens if any adversity strikes this Kansas project. There’s a seriously high floor at KU, though, to be fair.

I’m mostly just glad to never have to listen to his podcast again.

10 Likes

I second all of these thoughts. I could totally see them lose a fluky game and there be finger pointing about who’s getting shots. I could see their talent prompting them to more evenly distribute usage and Hunter wondering why he isn’t getting 15 shots per game. I could also see them destroy most opponents and everything comes up rosy.

I just know that Hunter is always going to make himself the center of attention and that…well…can be exhausting.

3 Likes

Oakland lost an exhibition to Walsh University tonight. I’m thinking that’s not a great sign.

1 Like

Did Rocket Watts give em 50 at least?

Kinda fun watching another fan base squirm when Hunter opens his mouth.

3 Likes

I’m dreaming of a world.

A world where Kansas is 12-15 with two weeks left in the season.

A world where Bill Self has to tell the media Hunter Dickinson “is no longer with the team” a week before the conference tournament

A world where Hunter signs on with TNT for their NCAAT coverage

A world where Hunter shows up to his first hit, the cameras are rolling and Hunter emerges live on TNT wearing handcuffs. The host says “Hunter what are you doing”

Hunter deadpans to the camera Jim Halpert-style:

“Bill Self had me in handcuffs all year long”

End scene

4 Likes