College Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

Cleveland is still a beast. Go get him to replace Jett next year, they can keep warley. I was never high on him and not surprised he did nothing last year. Dug has way more talent imo.

I was impressed by their defensive stamina against Alabama. Alabama tries
to attack the rim relentlessly (will never forget the shot chart that Dylan lovingly posted for them a couple seasons ago) and they just could not get consistently good looks against the UConn defence. UConn did foul quite a bit, but they also stuffed a lot of dribble drives with great one-on-one defence and limited Alabama’s looks at the rim. I’m curious to watch them defend against what I assume will be a different type of offence Sunday night (Iowa State).

2 Likes

Our next opponent Virginia won the Illinois and Baylor games at the free throw line. They get fouled and don’t commit fouls. +21 made FT v Illinois, +15 v. Baylor. 35 attempts v. Baylor, 32 v. Illinois.

Also on Florida st, if you look at their roster , it’s talented. I have no idea why they’re so bad.

Fletcher, Cleveland, McLeod , mills . Idk, seems like they should be way better

Dude, watching this cuse game. Earl Timberlake is on Bryant! Looking good too. I loved his game when he was in high school. Would have gambled on him all day if I was a smaller power 5 school.

Honestly I’d take him on Michigan.

That unc- bama game was crazy. Neither team wanted to win. Bama blew so many good looks and had so many bad turnovers.

Crazy game. Honestly I think they fouled Davis on the last shot too from three. Couldn’t believe he bumped him. Normally I’d never give a guy that call but for once he really may have deserved the call.

1 Like
1 Like

Isn’t the Big 12 also an ESPN league?

Kentucky tied with bellarmine at halftime. At 21!

1 Like

So do we have a chance Sunday? Because Kentucky is also awful?

1 Like

Lotta frustration re: Kentucky:

4 Likes

UNc looks bad too.

2 Likes

Is UNC that bad? They lost to two pretty decent teams in Portland and one game was in 4OT. They definitely aren’t a top 5 team (but they shouldn’t have been ranked like that anyway) but I think they are still a top 25 type team.

3 Likes

Right. Bad is maybe a step too far but they’re not as scar as before

1 Like

Would still rather play UF or OU on a neutral than UNC on a (not very) neutral. :rofl:

2 Likes

So, basically the whole country is stock down save for Portland and everyone in the Big Ten other than Michigan?

4 Likes

Well, Houston is stock to the moon. Plenty of other teams have had good starts (Texas, UVA, UConn, Arizona, Arkansas, Creighton) outside the Big Ten too.

4 Likes

I’m sorry what

1 Like

Baylor’s got 'em right where they want 'em. Actually Baylor’s going to wait until they’re down 25 until they make their run.

3 Likes

Arizona State 0/13 from three at the half against Colorado. Down 38-23.

Neat.

2 Likes