College Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

I’m very thankful our basketball program isn’t like Louisville’s, Florida State’s, and Wisconsin’s right now. It could always be so much worse for us

2 Likes

Wisconsin? you wouldn’t take them in a h2h right now?

5 Likes

Losing by 1 to Kansas in OT is way worse than being curb stomped by a mediocre, at best, ASU team.

2 Likes

Villanova might be a touch of stinky this year

1 Like

Chris Arcidiacono 39 mins :nauseated_face:

1 Like

The whole strategy of recruiting top five freshmen gets tossed on its ear when they decide to be “injured” all year

Shaedon Sharpe a trailblazer

Fwiw there are a couple really bad teams that are normally good and well coached. Oregon and fsu.

1 Like

Oregon alternates between good and disaster seemingly every year.

Often times during the season they do that

2 Likes

it’s because dana altman is a bunch of words I’m not able to post on this forum

5 Likes

They’ve impressed me more than Duke, Kentucky, Gonzaga, Alabama, Kansas, MSU, Illinois, UCLA, Arizona, Baylor, Purdue, UNC, OSU, Indiana, Iowa.

The Kenpom top 25 teams I haven’t seen yet are Houston, UConn, SDSU, St. Mary’s.

1 Like

S/O to Villanova for adding to the list of schools distracting from how bad we are

11 Likes

I like Bama. That team has a lot of players. They can go ten deep with nice options and Welch will help shore up the wing.

Just posted about Bradley going there. Feel like we could have signed him still once Frankie left. Maybe the timeline didn’t match but that might have been a realistic sell still.

T. J. Otzelberger is a very tremendous coach

1 Like

Good thing they have 17th year senior Gabe Kalscheur, who I’m confident suited up for the Golden Gophers next to Vashon Leonard.

5 Likes

Oh oh Purdue is really good too

Crazy with that freshman backcourt

1 Like

Without any preseason priors it sure looks like UConn is the best team through the first month. At least the best team outside the state of Texas although Texas and Houston’s best wins so far (Gonzaga and Oregon) are not aging particularly well. UConn beat Oregon by a lot more albeit on a neutral and not a road game and their closest margin of victory is over Alabama and they won it by 15.

I’m convinced timme is going to catch on in the nba as an offensive big off the bench. I’d use a second round pick on him.

They ran a ton of great offense last night. Creating shots without having elite offensive weapons or creators.

Edey is an elite weapon but I meant more from the perimeter or off the dribble.

I saw a team that competes very hard, was tough, and played intelligently. Their sets looked crisp and had very little wasted movement.